What's new

UTA style clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim, you have too many of those Railboxes, I am short of one for my Uta2, I am sure with a bit of persuasion, I could re-home one for you !!

Wasn't going to do this as I didn't want to be disappointed by either but thought it was needed..

View attachment 57614
View attachment 57615

Same chipset, 17.5W, air slot wide open. Coils 28awg twisted 0.93 & 0.95, 1cm wide jap.cotton through horizontals slots. Same batch of liquid, used the same blue wide bore. Fully charged battery.

I could wax lyrical on both vapes, likening both to fine wines - but here's the important bit.

The original is ..20% better on the flavour.
The clone is 40% cloudier

The clone has a large set and a small set of horizontal wick slots
The original has two sets of the large.

The "channel" around the "coil island" is wider on the clone
The knurling is tighter on the original.
Negative post screw on original is sat deeper in a thicker insulator
Lasering on clone is "smokey" as is usual
Brass 510 screw with insulator moves inside original, but easier in the clone.
Poly on clone feels good quality, but better on the original

AFC on the original fits tight when base is screwed
AFC on the clone can be tightened, just not rock solid

Big plus is - I wouldn't weep if my clone bounced!!

Jim

Is this down to CV using 304 stainless rather than 316? Its easily the best tank i own, and i'll never be able to afford a genuine!
Beats my other favourite atty, the TF GT2, so much so that i'm going to get another one for me, and one for the missus!
I am a little disappointed that this isn't a true 1:1 as this means CV have been telling fibs? I don't know...perhaps i should hold off and wait for a true 1:1 of this atty...
Your thoughts Jim?

Is this down to CV using 304 stainless rather than 316? Its easily the best tank i own, and i'll never be able to afford a genuine!
Beats my other favourite atty, the TF GT2, so much so that i'm going to get another one for me, and one for the missus!
I am a little disappointed that this isn't a true 1:1 as this means CV have been telling fibs? I don't know...perhaps i should hold off and wait for a true 1:1 of this atty...
Your thoughts Jim?

Mate it's a simple thing to get these couple of niggles changed - they obviously have an original to look at! But I'm being honest here - I really don't see 3 wick slots a few mm bigger and the coil section having a thinner gully would make that much of a difference ... As far as anyone else making one - I suppose it has to happen especially if the clone sells hot.. But I've measured each and these are bang on, so I don't see how any other thing listed as 1-1 can be significantly better.. But that's just my thoughts..

Jim

It's wrapped in tissue paper inside the stainless steel nano tank, which is in the small box.
:)

Thanks buddy, rooted through the trash and found it, woohooo!

As for the atty It's the only atty I've had that I've thought, yep, I can vape that, I've tried many other tanks and this is the ONLY tank where I've had an experience like this:

2 hours left until work I walk in the door having got my package from the post office, fk it, throw it in the ultrasonic cleaner for 30 mins, machine oil smell is barely there so that should do it good. 15 mins ultrasonic rinse, goes together like a jigsaw for a toddler.Threw a clapton in there that I found lying around my desk, chuck some cotton through it, fill and assemble.... At this point I realised I forgot to prime the wick, gave it a quick fire and it was popping and crackling so gave it a dry-pull and away I went.... This atty kinda makes me feel like it's on the brink of leaking all the time, a slight gurgle on the first pull but it never leaks and just chucks out beautiful juicy vapour.... I even risked it for a biscuit and took it to work and it held up.

Absolutely awesome, thanks for doing this GB =]

Thanks buddy, rooted through the trash and found it, woohooo!

As for the atty It's the only atty I've had that I've thought, yep, I can vape that, I've tried many other tanks and this is the ONLY tank where I've had an experience like this:

2 hours left until work I walk in the door having got my package from the post office, fk it, throw it in the ultrasonic cleaner for 30 mins, machine oil smell is barely there so that should do it good. 15 mins ultrasonic rinse, goes together like a jigsaw for a toddler.Threw a clapton in there that I found lying around my desk, chuck some cotton through it, fill and assemble.... At this point I realised I forgot to prime the wick, gave it a quick fire and it was popping and crackling so gave it a dry-pull and away I went.... This atty kinda makes me feel like it's on the brink of leaking all the time, a slight gurgle on the first pull but it never leaks and just chucks out beautiful juicy vapour.... I even risked it for a biscuit and took it to work and it held up.

Absolutely awesome, thanks for doing this GB =]

You waited 2 hours to build it? you have a lot more patience than me, my ultrasonic was warming up as soon as I saw the postie walking up my road lol.
It's a great atty, no question about that.
I can confirm that after about 3 weeks of constant use it has never leaked a single drop of liquid, I've never had a dry hit and it always tastes great.
I would recommend these to anyone without hesitation.

As there is now another thread running on this topic elsewhere I am closing this one. WAY TOO MUCH CHATTER for what is after all part of the Classifieds Section!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom