What's new

UTA style clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 For the best atties i own. Does anyone own an original ? how do these compare

+1 For the best atties i own. Does anyone own an original ? how do these compare

Vaping on my original now
Would say the clone is 75-80% of the original
The finish is good the chamber is ok but not a 1-1 copy

Thats good to know thanks. I continue my quest to obtain an original UTA2 then

Not bad for around 20% of the price of the original (£150?) although in my opinion the way the neg post screw is recessed (or lack of) is an accident waiting to happen, apart from the spinning the brass 510 positive screw is also overly recessed within the 510 connector itself.

I will hopefully fix those things myself, because apart from those issues these things rock, the best wicking tank I own. Even better than my fav one, the Taifun GT2. Imagine what £29.50 will buy under tpd, a couple of packets of fags or some patches and gum.

Out of curiosity, what are the differences?

I'd like to know how these could be improved to be closer to the performance of the OG. Or is the difference purely aesthetic?

Not noticed any of the issues any others are having. 510 is adjustable, so is recessed or prodruding, as you wish.

The negative screw thing I don't understand either....maybe as I am using allen screws?!

Seems trouble free to set up, and the flavour on this is great. Big thumbs up from me :)

510 is adjustable, so is recessed or prodruding, as you wish.

Ordinarily yes, but loosening it off makes for a rather wonky connection, there's a fair bit of side to side movement and over time it would be quite easy for the screw to adjust itself willy nilly or fall out.

Take it out, put a little o-ring in, rescrew, have a toot.

I'll find something to fit.

The negative screw thing I don't understand either....maybe as I am using allen screws?!
utarecess%20400%20x%20300_zpso5rolmsk.jpg

It actually looks better close up, I doubt it's even 1mm though. Best to be aware and keep an eye on it, may never be a problem but it is a weak aspect of the design.

Wasn't going to do this as I didn't want to be disappointed by either but thought it was needed..

image.jpg
image.jpg

Same chipset, 17.5W, air slot wide open. Coils 28awg twisted 0.93 & 0.95, 1cm wide jap.cotton through horizontals slots. Same batch of liquid, used the same blue wide bore. Fully charged battery.

I could wax lyrical on both vapes, likening both to fine wines - but here's the important bit.

The original is ..20% better on the flavour.
The clone is 40% cloudier

The clone has a large set and a small set of horizontal wick slots
The original has two sets of the large.

The "channel" around the "coil island" is wider on the clone
The knurling is tighter on the original.
Negative post screw on original is sat deeper in a thicker insulator
Lasering on clone is "smokey" as is usual
Brass 510 screw with insulator moves inside original, but easier in the clone.
Poly on clone feels good quality, but better on the original

AFC on the original fits tight when base is screwed
AFC on the clone can be tightened, just not rock solid

Big plus is - I wouldn't weep if my clone bounced!!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom