What's new

Antique copper aluminium box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjack

Initiate
hi everyone i have been working on my aluminum box mod for a small time now and have come up with a finished prototype only available in copper as i am still waiting on the gold and silver from the states

the mod runs off of two 18350 batteries it has a 6 amp power limit and Ive fitted it with short circuit protection and has low voltage protection which will stop the mod draining the batteries bellow the recommended levels the mod runs from 3.4 - 6 v

the mod also comes with blue red or green LCD displays which are fitted behind a perspex window and fitted with same button as below but the unlit version as this will increase the cost of the mod
button is only available in blue and the unlit button version will have a small LED light on the top of mod the LCD screen also displays the batteries combined voltage as well as vaping volts

the unit has two switches on the left side of the mod for changing between the displays or center position is off the other switch is the master on/off switch
as you can see in picture it is fitted with 510 connector the lid is held on by magnets with a recess to pull lid off there is also three small vent holes on the bottom of the unit

these will be for sale in the next few weeks price to be announced at a later date hope you like the mod

regards jimmy

ps: forgot to say these are powdercoated and if all goes well with the new filler i have will be available in more colour options

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 655
  • image040.jpg
    image040.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 640
  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 645
  • image012.jpg
    image012.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 642
  • image015.jpg
    image015.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 659
Very smart and a bit different JJ. The copper will need a regular polish ? Not a metal expert but as a kid my mum collected copper things and was forever polishing them to keep the green stuff at bay.

Look nice mate. All I can say is if it has the same electronics as the box you gave me people will be very happy :)

That looks great. I use a copper mod and find my sweaty hands seem to stop it from tarnishing. I like it to look a little aged cos otherwise it looks like the plumbing section at b&q :)

Very smart and a bit different JJ. The copper will need a regular polish ? Not a metal expert but as a kid my mum collected copper things and was forever polishing them to keep the green stuff at bay.

thanks Mark but its polyester powder coat so it wont tarnish m8 :)

Look nice mate. All I can say is if it has the same electronics as the box you gave me people will be very happy :)

Thanks Rob yes it has the same with added 3 position switch for the volt display up shows vaping volt and middle turns it off and down shows total battery volts :)

just to add ive just got the new filler for the screw holes and will be trying it out today
if all goes well i will be able to do them in some really cool looking colours
candy & pearls to name a few :)
iam just waiting on the antique silver and gold to arrive from the states
i will post a few pics when i get it :)

ok heres some pics of the gold one will post pics of the silver over the weekend been ill with ear infection sorry for the delay
smiling.png

also now these will come with the light up switch as in the copper box pics available in red, blue and green no price increase
as ive sourced them for the same price as the switch in these pics
smiling.png

Attachments

• gold1.jpg
    gold1.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 600
  • gold2.jpg
    gold2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 594
  • gold3.jpg
    gold3.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 590
  • gold4.jpg
    gold4.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 595
  • gold5.jpg
    gold5.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 596
heres some pics of the silver one
iam doing 3 of each colour box with 1 red 1 blue and 1 green switch and volt meter should have them ready this time next week
price £63.65 that includes 1st class recorded post

Attachments

• silver1.jpg
    silver1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 596
  • silver2.jpg
    silver2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 584
  • silver3.jpg
    silver3.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 588
  • silver4.jpg