What's new

Where I live - mad levels of history!

There's a bus shelter nearby that proclaims, "Sharon Jones got fingered here".

Going by the age of the marking, and looking at similar scrawls, I estimate it could be dated as far back as 1986. I've written to Time Team about it but they've not responded.
Is that congealled juices.... No.. Just a bit of napp Tony.

Sadly being largely a new town (The old town is still pretty vibrant) Swindon doesn't have much of historical interest unless you like your trains, want to see where old man Steptoe was arrested for attempting to fiddle with kids, where Stephen fry was arrested for credit card fraud or my mate Gary stick a banger in Julian clary 's parker hood.
But the surrounding area has some of the most interesting places I've seen in the UK from avebury standing stones, Kennet longbarrow, merlins supposed burial mound, roundway hill and tons more.
I shall get some pics and stories up.
Avebury's beautiful - lovely church too. :)

Sadly being largely a new town (The old town is still pretty vibrant) Swindon doesn't have much of historical interest unless you like your trains, want to see where old man Steptoe was arrested for attempting to fiddle with kids, where Stephen fry was arrested for credit card fraud or my mate Gary stick a banger in Julian clary 's parker hood.
But the surrounding area has some of the most interesting places I've seen in the UK from avebury standing stones, Kennet longbarrow, merlins supposed burial mound, roundway hill and tons more.
I shall get some pics and stories up.
A steam museum, a museum of computing and - what really caught my eye on Wikipedia - a museum with a massive collection of old fossils. Now I know where @hol lives.

The museum near us that I love is the Natural History Museum at Tring. Case after case of Lord Rothschild's stuffed animals - weird place. :D

tring-gallery-1-calendar.jpg

*We also have the descendants of some of Lord Rothschild's animals, that escaped before he managed to stuff them, living in our fecking attic, glis glis.* :28:

**I have a plan** :16:

A steam museum, a museum of computing and - what really caught my eye on Wikipedia - a museum with a massive collection of old fossils. Now I know where @hol lives.
I still think the Wilfred bramble thing is my favourite. Sadly they tore the toilets down recently but one can still stand on the spot of the urinals and imagine the magic.
Andy partridge is often at the local. He's an interesting fella.

The museum near us that I love is the Natural History Museum at Tring. Case after case of Lord Rothschild's stuffed animals - weird place. :D

tring-gallery-1-calendar.jpg

*We also have the descendants of some of Lord Rothschild's animals, that escaped before he managed to stuff them, living in our fecking attic, glis glis.* :28:

**I have a plan** :16:

Half them things are still roaming about up here..... we call them pets:)

I still think the Wilfred bramble thing is my favourite. Sadly they tore the toilets down recently but one can still stand on the spot of the urinals and imagine the magic.
Sounds just the thing for a post-COVID tour by some enterprising soul. I’d pay to go on that.

Back
Top Bottom