What's new

Tracking Details

KeyLimpingGull-size_restricted.gif

I'm glad it's not me either!! I'm sure money is not the only consideration but you cannot have state approved breaking if the law no matter what or what's the point in law at all? No one is above the law.

See my earlier post re "emergency powers"

The law IS in place, GDPR covers data protection. Just because Covid has appeared doesn't mean that law doesn't exist, it makes clear provisions for storing private data. Yes Covid is different but if you start making provisions for emerging situations and saying that this is different that is different, the law doesn't cover that then you give a government a way to excuse themselves and break the law. The law exists, it's implementation is a different thing, if they cannot find a way to implement it then they cannot just go ahead and open things up or they are flouting the law. If we concede here then how many other concessions are you willing to give up in the name of covid? Are you willing for them to do whatever they like because this is different? Where does it end? The law on data is clear, if you cannot abide by the law then then you cannot open. You can not pick and choose which laws apply during covid and which do not.
The Police do not need a warrant to access private data, they just need to show they need it under PACE, which if they want to they can make happen (I've seen it happen).

Again see my post on "emergency powers"

Well I haven't read the DPA or GDPR but I would be very surprised if contact tracing was mentioned anywhere within them which makes me question whether the laws are in place. They will not apply to contract tracing unless they say they do.

Nicely put.

So if you set up a business you shouldn't know the laws around what your business does? You can do whatever you want as it's up to the police to know? If you setup a business you absolutely should know the law governing what you do. Otherwise can I seek alcohol to minors and blame the police for not stopping me?

That's a dodgy point mate, as you should well know.
The law specifically states that you cannot sell alcohol to a minor, or procure it for them.
And that is bugger all to do with data protection.

It seems that @Crewella thread has turned into many different facets.

The main ones being that pubs, and restaurants are breaking the law.
Another over misuse of data collection by the police.
Another over staff in bars ringing "sexy" customers in the night.

How many of you were concerned last year when you had to give your name, and phone number when booking a meal at a restaurant, or a pub last year, did you immediately think oh oh my god, does that place comply with the data protection act, I think not.

If any of these matters concern you, the answer is simple, don't go into a pub, or restaurant. :)

Whilst I'm at it, why do I have to give my details in a pub, but not in a bloody shop, which has far more customers than a pub every day, and I don't know a single one of them. :)

It seems that @Crewella thread has turned into many different facets.

The main ones being that pubs, and restaurants are breaking the law.
Another over misuse of data collection by the police.
Another over staff in bars ringing "sexy" customers in the night.

How many of you were concerned last year when you had to give your name, and phone number when booking a meal at a restaurant, or a pub last year, did you immediately think oh oh my god, does that place comply with the data protection act, I think not.

If any of these matters concern you, the answer is simple, don't go into a pub, or restaurant. :)

Whilst I'm at it, why do I have to give my details in a pub, but not in a bloody shop, which has far more customers than a pub every day, and I don't know a single one of them. :)
I still think it's the same subject - a concern that some establishments might have opened and are not taking 'proper' care of the details they now have to hold? Pubs in particular are not used to having to keep data about their customers in this way?

Back
Top Bottom