What's new

Too Isolate , too not isolate that is the question

dovpo_uk

Vendor
I’m coming up with this conundrum a lot in my day job.

if one person tests positive in a household then other members of the same household can still go to work, school etc. even though they have a huge % chance of becoming infected, possibly showing no symptoms and becoming a carrier.

surley this is a bit bonkers

I get the guidance shown below but I still think it’s a bit bonkers. My personal view is if 1 person in your house has it then you should treat it like everyone has it.

Or like usual I’m I misinterpreting it?

When you do not need to self-isolate
If you live with or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19, you will not need to self-isolate if any of the following apply:

• you're fully vaccinated – this means 14 days have passed since your final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine given by the NHS
  • you're under 18 years, 6 months old
  • you're taking part or have taken part in a COVID-19 vaccine trial
  • you're not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
However, if you live with or have been in contact with someone who may have the Omicron variant of COVID-19, this does not apply and you’ll still need to self-isolate. NHS Test and Trace will contact you if this is the case.

No mate you're absolutely right, if one person has it then the rest of the people in that household can carry on as normal unless they show symptoms. Unless they have been in contact with someone with Omicron. I think it's bat shit crazy and if one person in a household has it then everyone in that house should isolate.

No mate you're absolutely right, if one person has it then the rest of the people in that household can carry on as normal unless they show symptoms. Unless they have been in contact with someone with Omicron. I think it's bat shit crazy and if one person in a household has it then everyone in that house should isolate.
Thanks

I have a few situations we’re basically 3 people in one house are positive yet the 4th and 5th aren’t so there out and about carrying on as normal, and they are operating within the guidelines.

Crazy days

I didn't realise this either, yeah, it's a bit nuts

Being asymptomatic and passing it on has been mentioned all throughout Covid

It's tricky, I don't get another pcr for 90 days, unless I have new symptoms, but with suffering post covid or long covid, try working that shit out.

Pay attention to the zoe covid study app and reports, NHS and.gov symptoms are 18 months out of date.

My wife tested positive (Turned out to be a false positive but anyway). I checked the rules and was surprised when it said I didn't have to isolate as I was double jabbed... Erm... No.

I isolated anyway until her PCR came back as negative. Surprising as she had 3 positive lateral flow tests.

Common sense really, if someone you share a house with is positive, you isolate aswell.

aye, it’s exactly that. if too many folk are isolating businesses need to shut, nobody to drive the bus etc etc
Yup totally get that. But for me I’m self employed and if I catch it from someone like the fore mentioned then I have to shut my business down for two weeks loose ££££ and with that the people who rely on my service would also be effected by lack of service which in turn costs them ££££ .

tbh there isn’t a right or wrong answer apart from our own individual one to suit our own needs.

but from we’re I’m sat it’s Poo

Back
Top Bottom