What's new

The little things in life...

Puffed Daddy

Achiever
Just wanted to share this, as it made me feel a bit happier with life, as it's not been great for a while.

So, about 6 months ago, think it was the week leading up to Christmas, I met a fella called Tom. He's 26, married, 2 young kids. Through no fault of his, he lost his job.
He was a smoker, but as things were tight, he knew he'd have to give up the stinkies.

I suggested vaping, but he couldn't really afford to replace the fags with a reasonable kit.

So I gave him my original SX mini, a falcon tank, which I wasn't using much, 6 coils, 2 batteries, a charger and some juice.

With Covid and all the shit going on, I never saw much of him, as the vape shop was closed.
Odd phone call, message, he was doing ok.

This morning, I found on my doorstep, a bottle of Brandy, with a note saying "cheers Andy, Tom'!?

Spoke to him soon after, on the phone.
He's still vaping, saved a fair whack of money, fitter, healthier, happier, and really enjoying his vaping journey. Plus the money he has saved, will help provide for his family.

He's also converted a couple of mates to vaping now. Got a part time job, and is also helping at a food bank in London.

Not about me at all, but the simple things, might seem trivial to you at the time, can aid someone in getting back on track.

Just thought I'd share it, as it's not only great to convert a "stinkies" user, but nice to hear a youngster turning his somewhat lousy luck to happier times.

Do something nice today, it makes you feel good.

Just wanted to share this, as it made me feel a bit happier with life, as it's not been great for a while.

So, about 6 months ago, think it was the week leading up to Christmas, I met a fella called Tom. He's 26, married, 2 young kids. Through no fault of his, he lost his job.
He was a smoker, but as things were tight, he knew he'd have to give up the stinkies.

I suggested vaping, but he couldn't really afford to replace the fags with a reasonable kit.

So I gave him my original SX mini, a falcon tank, which I wasn't using much, 6 coils, 2 batteries, a charger and some juice.

With Covid and all the shit going on, I never saw much of him, as the vape shop was closed.

This morning, I found on my doorstep, a bottle of Brandy, with a note saying "cheers Andy, Tom'!?

He's still vaping, saved a fair whack of money, fitter, healthier, happier, and really enjoying his vaping journey. Plus the money he has saved, will help provide for his family.

He's also converted a couple of mates to vaping now. Got a part time job, and is also helping at a food bank in London.

Not about me at all, but the simple things, might seem trivial to you at the time, can aid someone in getting back on track.

Just thought I'd share it, as it's not only great to convert a "stinkies" user, but nice to hear a youngster turning his somewhat lousy luck to happier times.

What a great post, well done you and well done to the young man for giving up the stinkies!

What a great post, well done you and well done to the young man for giving up the stinkies!
Thanks @quincey43
It's very kind of you to say that.

It's not me saying "oooh I helped someone"
It's just that it's such simple little things in life, that we might not realize, that can help people less fortunate than ourselves.

I appreciate your kind words though.

Thank you

Great story mate. Love hearing about things like this.
Yeah, it's nice to hear something good for a change. He's a good lad, young family, works hard, but felt kicked in the bits somewhat.
Hopefully he's on the up.

Yeah, it's nice to hear something good for a change. He's a good lad, young family, works hard, but felt kicked in the bits somewhat.
Hopefully he's on the up.

Sounds like it's had a huge, positive impact for him.

what a great story well done you & well done too Tom.

Really nice story.
All credit to you.
We sometimes don't reliser how simple gestures of kindness to others helps them more than we can know.

To all others reading this.
Go on do your own random act of kindness.
You know you want to now

Very thoughtful and considerate thing to do. Also good to hear he has continued to vape and now him and his family can benefit from your generous gesture, well done.

Back
Top Bottom