What's new

Minesweeping Jack Russell

You must feel very proud. And what a privilege to have been part of it all.
As with all things when you're a kid, it seemed 'normal' at the time. Another one (Milo) lived next door.

I'm just really glad they've been remembered, partly for the Aussie troops. The guys that worked with the dogs were absolutely gutted to have to leave them behind. :(

War_Dog_Memorial-39242-104374.jpg

This is the thing I love about dogs, they have a natural ability to connect with the human soul like nothing else if you are open to it. I am not the best at connecting with other people and find it really difficult to maintain a bond with them. Last year we lost our golden Lab Archie and I can honestly say it was the worst thing I have ever experienced, it was almost like my whole being ached and I will never get the vision of him finally drifting off to sleep while also maintaining my stare and looking like all he wanted to do was take my pain away. They are completely selfless and at their happiest when they are pleasing whoever it is they are interacting with. When I have lost people close, including a parent, I never felt a fraction of the pain when they passed that I did when I lost Archie. I have struggled with the reason for this a lot in the past and I believed intrinsically I was just a bad person but now I just believe that if something has only ever shown you unconditionally love, the grief when they pass is just a reflection of this. Humans I think, in general, are too vested in their own personal goals and ambitions to make connections that are driven by that same unconditional love.

This is the thing I love about dogs, they have a natural ability to connect with the human soul like nothing else if you are open to it. I am not the best at connecting with other people and find it really difficult to maintain a bond with them. Last year we lost our golden Lab Archie and I can honestly say it was the worst thing I have ever experienced, it was almost like my whole being ached and I will never get the vision of him finally drifting off to sleep while also maintaining my stare and looking like all he wanted to do was take my pain away. They are completely selfless and at their happiest when they are pleasing whoever it is they are interacting with. When I have lost people close, including a parent, I never felt a fraction of the pain when they passed that I did when I lost Archie. I have struggled with the reason for this a lot in the past and I believed intrinsically I was just a bad person but now I just believe that if something has only ever shown you unconditionally love, the grief when they pass is just a reflection of this. Humans I think, in general, are too vested in their own personal goals and ambitions to make connections that are driven by that same unconditional love.
A little bit off-topic and not entirely relevant to the thread I know, but I always like to sing the praises of our canine friends and what they are capable of and what they do for us!

Back
Top Bottom