What's new

mass coronavirus vaccination scheme from as early as November

the study i mentioned above, from brazil, showed that people who had been vaccinated against flu had better outcomes if they contracted covid.

edit: if you look back, somebody posted a link to the paper they published.
I don't know how much weight I would personally put in a single study from Brazil. If there was such a clear correlation then you'd expect to see similar studies from all the developed countries with high covid19 mortality that routinely vaccinate against the flu. Obviously, I'm not saying there is no correlation, I'm only saying that it might be a little premature to start counting our chickens.

There is definitely a push here in the UK to vaccinate against flu. Even healthy people of all ages who live with a clinically vulnerable person (those officially advised to shield) can now get a flu jab for free - if they can find somewhere with vaccine still in stock.

BCG: Can a vaccine from 1921 save lives from Covid-19?

Scientists in the UK have begun testing the BCG vaccine, developed in 1921, to see if it can save lives from Covid.

The vaccine was designed to stop tuberculosis, but there is some evidence it can protect against other infections as well.

Around 1,000 people will take part in the trial at the University of Exeter.

But while millions of people in the UK will have had the BCG jab as a child, it is thought they would need to be vaccinated again to benefit.

Vaccines are designed to train the immune system in a highly targeted way that leaves lasting protection against one particular infection.

But this process also causes wide-spread changes in the immune system. This seems to heighten the response to other infections and scientists hope it may even give our bodies an advantage against coronavirus.

• Previous clinical trials have shown the BCG jab reduced deaths by 38% in newborns in Guinea-Bissau, mostly by reducing cases of pneumonia and sepsis.
  • Studies in South Africa linked the vaccine to a 73% reduction in infections in the nose, throat and lungs; experiments in the Netherlands showed BCG reduced the amount of yellow fever virus in the body.
"This could be of major importance globally," Prof John Campbell, of the University of Exeter Medical School, told the BBC.

"Whilst we don't think it [the protection] will be specific to Covid, it has the potential to buy several years of time for the Covid vaccines to come through and perhaps other treatments to be developed."

The UK trial is part of the international Brace-study, which is also taking place in Australia, the Netherlands, Spain and Brazil, recruiting 10,000 people in total.

It will focus on health and care workers, as they are more likely to be exposed to coronavirus, so researchers will know more quickly if the vaccine is effective.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54465733

I don't know how much weight I would personally put in a single study from Brazil. If there was such a clear correlation then you'd expect to see similar studies from all the developed countries with high covid19 mortality that routinely vaccinate against the flu. Obviously, I'm not saying there is no correlation, I'm only saying that it might be a little premature to start counting our chickens.

There is definitely a push here in the UK to vaccinate against flu. Even healthy people of all ages who live with a clinically vulnerable person (those officially advised to shield) can now get a flu jab for free - if they can find somewhere with vaccine still in stock.

they are pushing the flu vaccine just now as they believe contracting covid and flu at the same time increases risk of mortality.

here is an article about the brazil study. i think this is suggesting not that the flu vaccine actually works in the sense of a vaccine against covid, but that their findings suggest folk who’ve had it have better outcomes if they contract covid.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...-against-COVID-19-severity-and-mortality.aspx

but i think at one point the italians were suggesting the flu vaccine might increase the likelihood of getting covid.

so aye, it’s not very clear.

they are pushing the flu vaccine just now as they believe contracting covid and flu at the same time increases risk of mortality.

here is an article about the brazil study. i think this is suggesting not that the flu vaccine actually works in the sense of a vaccine against covid, but that their findings suggest folk who’ve had it have better outcomes if they contract covid.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...-against-COVID-19-severity-and-mortality.aspx

but i think at one point the italians were suggesting the flu vaccine might increase the likelihood of getting covid.

so aye, it’s not very clear.

similar thing to the ol' BCG jab

one minute it was refuted...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52310194

now it seems they are looking again if there might be some possible merit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54497467
which is to buy them a little more time whilst they develop a vaccine for COVID

& there was people that suggested that certain countries may fair better
than others due to variations of vaccination
but the issue is way to vast as vaccines have varied & changed over the years
and certain vaccines older people received may not be the exact same as being used today

But without doubt, some previous vaccinations may assist some people's immune system at fighting other infections
(and maybe some may perhaps even hinder it too)
it is a vast subject to investigate - but we seem to going back and revisiting all our possible options

These were stuck onto cars in a village not far from me in Darvel East Ayrshire :hmm:
Honest it wisnae me.

upload_2020-10-13_0-20-50.png

These were stuck onto cars in a village not far from me in Darvel East Ayrshire :hmm:
Honest it wisnae me.

View attachment 230143

Don't let them give you the JAG for any reason ???

They are offering me a new motor - hmmmm OK but do I get to pick the colour ???

not sure I want a red one, but if government are offering it then I think I found the model

wh-jag-f-type3.jpg

honestly - if you want tell me people to not get a jab
keep it simple without sounding like a fucking nut job
(kinda ironic considering some of the shit I post - NO it wasn't me this time)

Change me spiritually - oh fuck off,
you want a revelation about a virus - ask Agent Smith...

and TRY to check your spelling FFS if possible before going to print

Last edited:
Government can't even organise a functional track n trace but they're gonna do the devil's work and fuse us all to an AI 5G network? Personally, I'll be impressed if they can manage to connect my bloody phone to the network!

Back
Top Bottom