What's new

Lost Control?

we could also say IF Starmer had been labour leader last election, Boris would have lost. I don't vote, i am an uncooperative Crusty ,according to Boris. The point being i and a lot of others would have to call it how i see it, Boris is a useless Chunt who cares only about keeping the tracksuit mob happy and the wealthy.
If that's wrong why has nothing been done about to prevent them roaming the streets during lockdown, why have the rich not been punished when they broke the rules. Starmer does seem to be someone who has a brain compared to the Blithering idiot.
But if you think things are bad now just wait till the Conservatives start making the nation pay for Covid. No lower payed workers will ever get on the property ladder.
A circuit breaker will not work, folks will ignore it as usual, The gov should be creating jobs for drivers, put things in place for the vulnerable and those in need of care etc. Use drivers to deliver Groceries etc and lockdown for 4 weeks. This should then get covid off the streets Police and army on streets to pick up those who cannot stay in and bung em all somewhere like prison till all this is done, then keep em in for 3 months after lockdown as a punishment.
Legalise weed and tax it they would make more money than they do off tobacco products, no need to find other things to tax.
The 4 week total lockdown should eliminate most of the virus as it takes 2 weeks to incubate, and about 1 week to clear, unless you are unlucky. so 4 weeks should be enough for homes with covid sufferers to ride out the disease, yes some folk will die or become really ill but a lot less than keep dragging folks in and out of lockdowns etc.
Final thought Big companies should pay to bailout the UK debt, they can afford it.

Starmer is walking a tight rope, the inevitable consequence of political expediency. It's a time of national crisis and the country wants unity, bickering from the sidelines is not a good look, is not popular, so he gets behind government policy until ... popular opinion suggests that he should be opposing and there's a crack of light between scientific opinion and cabinet policy. Has he picked the right time to start opposing Boris? Can he go back to the previous position?

He's damned if he does, he's damned if he doesn't :hmm:

For me, both Brexit and Covid are issues bigger than party politics, where the national interest rather than party interests should take precedence. As threats to the country they should be served by a government of national unity as we would have in any war situation. These are war situations. The country is crying out for unity but politicians play politics, they're self-serving by nature, making a buck for themselves and their cronies whilst the economyu goes to shit and people die.

Agreed, I have, in fact, suggested such a thing elsewhere on potv.

The political system is no longer fit for purpose and social media is being manipulated by bad actors to further polarise opinions and close down minds.

This all started in 2010 and is not going to change anytime soon.

The answer is obvious - retire and have a cup of tea, tell your kids they're fucked. Send them down the shops and stay home, Fuck masks! Fuck Tories, fuck Labour, fuck 'em all. Yes, another scone please ...

Well, I haven't done that yet, I've told everyone else the youth are fucked though.

Back
Top Bottom