What's new

Lockdown extended by 4 weeks

Crewella

Olympian
No surprise really

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57464097

Covid: Lockdown easing in England to be delayed by four weeks

Most coronavirus rules will remain in place in England for another four weeks after the planned 21 June unlocking, government sources have told the BBC.

Senior ministers have signed off on the decision to delay the lifting of all legal restrictions on social contact.

That could mean capacity limits for sports, pubs and cinemas will remain, and nightclubs would stay closed.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is due to confirm the delay at a news conference later - at 18:00 BST.

The extension will be put to a Commons vote this month and could trigger a sizeable Conservative backbench rebellion.

England was due to move to stage four of the government's roadmap out of lockdown on 21 June, when venues and events would be allowed to operate without capacity limits and the cap on guests at weddings would be lifted.

Covid: Lockdown easing in England delayed to 19 July

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57476776

Jesus wept - 'Mama Crew'??????????? :11:

I have the mothering instincts of a mantis! :16:
You are the POTV wise woman, a calm oasis in a storm, the voice of reason, sense in a mad world........

I really must hide the Brandy & joints....:18::18:

Jesus wept - 'Mama Crew'??????????? :11:

I have the mothering instincts of a mantis! :16:

giphy-1.gif

Am kinda glad really. Would prefer to err on the side of caution. Anyway it looks like it will be reviewed and so may not be a 4 week delay.

Am kinda glad really. Would prefer to err on the side of caution. Anyway it looks like it will be reviewed and so may not be a 4 week delay.
Couldn't agree more. I know people are desperate to get back to complete normality, but if the Delta variant is spreading so fast, it's necessary.

Seems to be a pretty nasty variant. :(

Cunty virus. :whipping:

Back
Top Bottom