What's new

KABLOOM!

Continuing the thread derailment, from flowers and bees to guns and dynamite... not sure if the gun violence problem is just a firearms thing, or more to do with culture, inequality and loose regs.

From an outsider's perspective, the US can seem quite ... volatile? But then I guess some of you soft southerners prob think that about London and Glasgow too.
Guns would make a great way to plant, just shoot holes in the ground and drop in the seeds

(Everything u grew would have lead in it, but thats alright if u arent eating it)

Continuing the thread derailment, from flowers and bees to guns and dynamite... not sure if the gun violence problem is just a firearms thing, or more to do with culture, inequality and loose regs.

From an outsider's perspective, the US can seem quite ... volatile? But then I guess some of you soft southerners prob think that about London and Glasgow too.
The problem with America is that it's full of Americans. The best way to fix it would be to fill it up with Mexicans. They like guns too but it usually ends up in a stand off.

The problem with America is that it's full of Americans. The best way to fix it would be to fill it up with Mexicans. They like guns too but it usually ends up in a stand off.
Our entire infrastructure would be built and finished in half the time for a fraction of the cost

I actually know about 74 million americans we can deport to make room

I actually know about 74 million americans we can deport to make room
Yeah, but who would have them?
Any chance that Chinese rocket space junk could split into 74 million pieces?

Yeah, but who would have them?
Any chance that Chinese rocket space junk could split into 74 million pieces?
Send them to china, lol.
They like the idea of rightwing autocracy so much.

This is the best thing you can do with a gun. Confiscate it, melt it down and make a cat out of it. True story, bro. :14: Don't buy guns, buy cats! And if you need to defend yourself, it's a fucking lump so just whack them over the head with it. :lol1:

DSC_0227.JPG

Last edited:
As banjostring said, i was referring to having to assemble a bullet in order to kill yourself.

It would also make them much more expensive, so less willy nilly drive by machine gun shootings

Yeah, I got that. Was just responding, and agreeing, that guns make suicide far more efficient, not only by its mechanism of firing a projectile through someone's head but also because of it's speed and finality. There's no 2, 5 or 10 minute process that you have to pass through where you're struggling for breath or slowly bleeding out and get to change your mind. Just a few lbs of pressure and a split second and there's no going back. Reduce guns and you reduce suicides. It's just far too easy.

I've never tried to commit suicide but I would imagine a whole lot of people start to truly appreciate the finality as life starts to ebb away. The instinct to survive is incredibly strong when life is truly threatened. There's just no fighting back against a bullet once it's been fired. No sudden realisation that life is actually too precious to throw away, your problem can be fixed or that death is final and the many ways of achieving it are relatively slow and unpleasant. Just brain splatter and a statistic.

Although I've never attempted suicide myself I know two people who have. Many years ago a friend of my brother shot himself by putting a shotgun in his mouth and is obviously dead and the other - my cousin - jumped in front of a train and survived. In the 25 intervening years he hasn't tried again. If he'd had access to a gun he would be dead as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, I got that. Was just responding, and agreeing, that guns make suicide far more efficient, not only by its mechanism of firing a projectile through someone's head but also because of it's speed and finality. There's no 2, 5 or 10 minute process that you have to pass through where you're struggling for breath or slowly bleeding out and get to change your mind. Just a few lbs of pressure and a split second and there's no going back. Reduce guns and you reduce suicides. It's just far too easy.

I've never tried to commit suicide but I would imagine a whole lot of people start to truly appreciate the finality as life starts to ebb away. The instinct to survive is incredibly strong when life is truly threatened. There's just no fighting back against a bullet once it's been fired. No sudden realisation that life is actually too precious to throw away, your problem can be fixed or that death is final and the many ways of achieving it are relatively slow and unpleasant. Just brain splatter and a statistic.

Although I've never attempted suicide myself I know two people who have. Many years ago a friend of my brother shot himself by putting a shotgun in his mouth and is obviously dead and the other - my cousin - jumped in front of a train and survived. In the 25 intervening years he hasn't tried again. If he'd had access to a gun he would be dead as well.
Ive heard that a huge percentage of jumpers who survived would start regretting their choice on the way down.

I have also heard that a train is a bad way to do it, because u dont necessarily get killed when it hits u, u end up getting dragged underneath it.

Back
Top Bottom