What's new

Is it time to end legally binding self isolation? (poll)

Is it time to end legally binding self isolation?

• Yes

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Banana

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
I voted banana

The reason

Boris has not got a fucking Scooby about what is going on in the country

I visit say 25 to 30 houses on an average day atm it’s the steady rate that is 50% either have covid or are isolating with someone in the household with covid or have just got over covid

so stop all the things that prevent the spread of telling you that you have covid. I can’t see what the science is for a sudden stop

if it was a steady relaxation so this month reduce isolation next month reduce masks, month after reducing tests then sounds like a plan

from what I read you won’t be able to even get a test on prescription so lots of test kits will be on eBay for the next news flash of the omicron v3 death ray virus that will be on the front pages for your enjoyment

it's still an average of 30k to 50k cases per day that’s not 5000 cases nor is it 10,000

this all seems to be the season finale with Boris desperate to stay in the top job

Last edited:
Summary
That’s it from me, Léonie Chao-Fong, and from the UK politics blog this evening. Here are the key events from today:
  • Boris Johnson has announced the end of all domestic Covid restrictions in England in a process starting later this week. On Thursday, the legal requirement to self-isolate with people instead advised to stay at home if they have Covid, or believe they do.
  • The £500 payment for some people on lower incomes will end on Thursday. From 24 March, statutory sick pay and employment support allowance will only start being paid after four and seven days of absence, rather than immediately.
  • Free testing for the public will end in England from 1 April, with most people having to pay for lateral flow and PCR tests. There will be some exceptions, with free symptomatic tests remaining for NHS patients and in care homes, and some asymptomatic testing for both.
  • In response, the campaign group Covid-19 Bereaved Families for Justice said the lifting of all restrictions is “reckless and dangerous” and that scrapping free testing will cause avoidable deaths.
  • Education unions warned that the lifting of Covid restrictions could result in chaos in schools in England and put school leaders in an impossible position. Geoff Barton, general secretary of the Association of School and College Leaders, warned the changes could lead to more disruption to education.
  • Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer described Boris Johnson’s statement in the House of Commons as “a half-baked announcement from a government paralysed by chaos and incompetence”. He said Labour does not want to see restrictions in place “a moment longer than necessary, but we have to take the public with us, and that requires clarity”.
  • Over-75s and people with suppressed immune systems in the UK are to be offered another Covid-19 booster vaccination in the coming weeks to increase potentially waning protection, after advice from the government’s vaccines watchdog.
  • London Mayor Sadiq Khan confirmed rules on wearing face coverings on public transport will be lifted, however he added that the Transport for London will “likely” continue to recommend their use on the network.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...to-lift-all-remaining-restrictions-in-england

from what I read you won’t be able to even get a test on prescription so lots of test kits will be on eBay

My wife and I have about 13 lfts' going forward, that should be enough? I dont want to stockpile, like the mums netters do, some of em must have a room full.

Ill stay out of your medical debates, at least u get it free

Last edited:
274464172_4975555105842971_3662373910823419036_n.jpeg

from what I read you won’t be able to even get a test on prescription so lots of test kits will be on eBay for the next news flash of omicron v3 death ray virus that will be on the front pages for your enjoyment

I actually just saw a commercial on tv the other day selling a rapid home pcr tester machine.
Its a little grey box, and i guess u put some blood or some sample in this little cartridge and it tests it right there as if you were in a lab
It looked about the size of those old jazz zip drives from the 90's, something you could easily put on a table by the door

Here it is, wall street journal
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...ike-gadgets-vs-rapid-antigen-kits-11643292002

Last edited:
I watched the 7 pm covid "hey it will be ok broadcast" for a while till I switched it off as Boris started kicking off about war with Russia FFS it was about covid, it was as clear as mud "next slide please" so I see the graphs and yes infections are still high and yes hospital admissions are oh ......still high but deaths are down but there are still deaths so with an aging sick family do I want to give my aging and sick, mother and father in law covid, seeing as we still aren't sure that my dad didn't die of it...why? because there weren't any tests at his death..... hmmm tricky one

this sudden stop this week to be told in the broadcast "we are not stopping everything" is a cup of horse shit the public have chug a lug down

You guys get 500£ if you are out of work for 7 days? I must not be understanding that right

Because statutory sick pay and universal credit is wank, but still probably better than what you get over your way?

https://www.gov.uk/test-and-trace-support-payment
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...der-the-test-and-trace-support-payment-scheme
Is that 500 once? Or like every time u catch it? Like a new profession

And universal credit is like our welfare i guess? Or does everyone get it, like that one guy over here who was pitching universal income of $1000 a month

Is that 500 once? Or like every time u catch it?
i don't know, each time you get it, I suppose :hmm:

Like a new profession

i do actually know the odd person and family (it's in the genetics and handed down the generations) that are seasoned, professional, career claimants, it's quite rare though and they do very well, which is also quite rare, esp. given the obscene nature of Universal Credit. The other spongers and scroungers are usually politicians.
And universal credit is like our welfare i guess? Or does everyone get it,
Yes, no

Back
Top Bottom