What's new

Got fat?

I think it certainly isn't helping.

I'm a left handed vaper now, apart from when driving, when I try not to vape much

No wanking jokes please, I've already had those :18:

Really want to get back into the gym, but I'll literally go twice & be in too much pain to go again. I can do nothing at the moment apart from maybe cardio, it's better than nothing I spose

Last edited:
I'm a left handed vaper now, apart from when driving, when I try not to vape much

No wanking jokes please, I've already had those :18:

Really want to get back into the gym, but I'll literally go twice & be in too much pain to go again. I can do nothing at the apart from maybe cardio, it's better than nothing I spose
I still think you should look at getting a theracane and trigger point therapy.

I still think you should look at getting a theracane and trigger point therapy.

I've done all that with the sports physio, £40 a pop for maybe half hour's relief. I just use a massage ball now to get in at my shoulder blade, does the same & I can really get in where it hurts. I do need to go back to her though as she goes over the spine & finds things I didn't even know where there

This pain in my rotator cuff, comes & goes were the the shoulder blade pain is constant, trying to figure out what causes both & how to treat them in the head scratcher. Physios have had me doing all sorts of rotator cuff, back & shoulder exercises which I did myself in the gym anyway

Ibuprofen & Co-codamol don't touch it, the only thing that offers relief is a heat pad

Last edited:
I've done all that with the sports physio, £40 a pop for maybe half hour's relief.
That's why I recommended a theracane, you can do it all by yourself, anytime, no need to pay anyone, and a theracane can go deep, great for shoulders. I should know, being an ex plasterer :17:

i’m struggling to get out the front door these days. need to get in about it with the bull worker. :)

That's why I recommended a theracane, you can do it all by yourself, anytime, no need to pay anyone, and a theracane can go deep, great for shoulders. I should know, being an ex plasterer :17:
I'll have to pick one up at some point. Do have a massage gun which is similar but have to bug the Mrs to attack me with it

I'm sure this is something to do with my neck, it's sore to turn and can feel the shoulder pain twinge when I'm looking right at a junction. I tell the physios this and they just say it's all connected, which it is, I suppose but it's worth looking into. Have been watching some Bob and Brad with tips on what to do so I'm working on my neck posture, I do spend a lot of the day looking downward so I'm going to work on that

I do wonder how plasterers get on? Did it give you much gyp?

I knicked my dad's when I was a kid, that's proper old school [emoji16]

i’m sure there’s one in my mum’s loft still. not sure it does much good tbh but i need to something though working from home has killed my usual means of exercise.

I'll have to pick one up at some point. Do have a massage gun which is similar but have to bug the Mrs to attack me with it

I'm sure this is something to do with my neck, it's sore to turn and can feel the shoulder pain twinge when I'm looking right at a junction. I tell the physios this and they just say it's all connected, which it is, I suppose but it's worth looking into. Have been watching some Bob and Brad with tips on what to do so I'm working on my neck posture, I do spend a lot of the day looking downward so I'm going to work on that

I do wonder how plasterers get on? Did it give you much gyp?

I think it could be your neck, or rather your trap on the effected side, when your shoulder goes all sorts of imbalances open up and other bits take the strain, my left trap, shoulder blade and even near the spine are always a bit funky as a result of the fked shoulder. Funny thing is though shoulder day is fine and goes without problems or strength loss but come chest day it is the worst, I can't load a bench up with more than 120 these days where as prior to the injury I was at 175.

I think it could be your neck, or rather your trap on the effected side, when your shoulder goes all sorts of imbalances open up and other bits take the strain, my left trap, shoulder blade and even near the spine are always a bit funky as a result of the fked shoulder. Funny thing is though shoulder day is fine and goes without problems or strength loss but come chest day it is the worst, I can't load a bench up with more than 120 these days where as prior to the injury I was at 175.

Yeah, there's a tendon/ligament/muscle that runs down behind your ear, down to the rear of the trap & crosses with the rotator cuff. Private physio thinks they're rubbing or something & wants the MRI to see what it is. The main pain is at that point then it goes & makes my RC sore so it makes sense what he's saying..

Similar to you, my shoulder function is fine & I tried ruling it out by dropping pulling & vertical/ horizontal pushing movements but it tied up to none. I've done nothing gym wise for months, have days where my right arm does nothing strenuous &, it still hurts. Like today, I've done nothing but my normal arm movements & it's wrecking. I can wake up in a morning & it's not too bad, go about my day & by the afternoon I'm in bits. I'm sure it's neck & or posture

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom