What's new

Extra 1.7m vulnerable added to shielding list

Everyone wants the vaccine and everyone has a good reason but the point is

you get the vaccine....,

yippee well done

but you are still not protected straight away this isn’t a cure shot it takes weeks most are protected not “fully protected” like a hazmat suit, just protected from severe illness until 3 weeks after the second jab before then its lower and lower

The amount of people I see who say I’ve had the jab I’m protected Jesus

It needs clarity by someone it will help the cases but it needs time I want my old life I want less shit I want to go to the shops I don’t want to wear a ppe for 8 10 12 hours but the chances are slim it’s there but in time

you get the vaccine....,

yippee well done

but you are still not protected straight away this isn’t a cure shot it takes weeks most are protected not “fully protected” like a hazmat suit, just protected from severe illness until 3 weeks after the second jab before then its lower and lower

The amount of people I see who say I’ve had the jab I’m protected Jesus

If you’re responding to my post, I don’t think I’m suddenly immune to Covid, I understand how it works, I’m not an idiot :) I was responding to @crustyfolker ‘s claim that the Gov want people like myself not to have the vaccine (I was given little choice, as it happens).

If you’re responding to my post, I don’t think I’m suddenly immune to Covid, I understand how it works, I’m not an idiot :) I was responding to @crustyfolker ‘s claim that the Gov want people like myself not to have the vaccine (I was given little choice, as it happens).

Of course not @Leni i was talking in general everyone who posts on here are well versed with covid and I know you are very much in the know

it’s the general media and clueless that I was talking about

edit no offence to you at all or anyone posting

Of course not @Leni i was talking in general everyone who posts on here are well versed with covid and I know you are very much in the know

it’s the general media and clueless that I was talking about

Sorry, am not at my best atm. I felt like you did tbh.... that there are people more ‘worthy’ or whatever :(

but i don’t think they ignored this advice, about how to vaccinate people.

Frontline NHS workers should have been first, then those who work in other essential business, ie super markets and the chains accociated with. Feeding folk is important. I know things are unfair on some industries but sadly they are what folk can do without. The clinically vunerable and then pensioners. The other side of the coin is those in their 20-30's will have wait the longest which is going to affect their kids. I have a feeling some workplaces will only allow employees back once vaccinated. That would put families at risk so is there a right or wrong way to go about it. What i feel has happened is they through the measures together without giving everything a good study and then making a plan before locking us down, it didn't need a scientist to know what would happen over the Yuletide.

Sorry, am not at my best atm. I felt like you did tbh.... that there are people more ‘worthy’ or whatever :(

no one is more worthy in my eyes @Leni I can't judge between a 20-year-old and a 65-year-old to me everyone in this situation has the right to get a vaccine, me though I feel it was pointless having it I still don't feel at all safe at work I have to test at home all the time now before I even go in (new guidelines) but when you do, you read the notes on another new variant it's starting to really grind us down.

I can only speak for myself, but I’ve had the first jab, and I receive disability benefits. I think you’re being paranoid tbh, mistakes are going to happen when colossal efforts are being made to vaccinate millions of people within a very short time frame.

I must be unlucky then. I am disabled, impaired vision and diabetic with related problems. Yet have not been offered the jab, it's not paranoia it's a case of showing that the guidelines are not being followed and some are getting the Jab yet others are missing out yet both parties would be classed as equal high risk. As said something isn't right. I am sure you said you where employed a while back , maybe that gets took into account when they choose who to vaccinate. I am not that bothered about when i get the Jab but it would make life easier, i could go and do more for myself rather than rely on others or wait till someone has the time. I bet there are others in similar situations.

Frontline NHS workers should have been first, then those who work in other essential business, ie super markets and the chains accociated with. Feeding folk is important. I know things are unfair on some industries but sadly they are what folk can do without. The clinically vunerable and then pensioners. The other side of the coin is those in their 20-30's will have wait the longest which is going to affect their kids. I have a feeling some workplaces will only allow employees back once vaccinated. That would put families at risk so is there a right or wrong way to go about it. What i feel has happened is they through the measures together without giving everything a good study and then making a plan before locking us down, it didn't need a scientist to know what would happen over the Yuletide.

this is your opinion, which is fair enough, but still i think i am right in saying that the government haven’t ignored the advice of the experts about how they should vaccinate folk.

no one is more worthy in my eyes @Leni I can't judge between a 20-year-old and a 65-year-old to me everyone in this situation has the right to get a vaccine, me though I feel it was pointless having it I still don't feel at all safe at work I have to test at home all the time now before I even go in (new guidelines) but when you do, you read the notes on another new variant it's starting to really grind us down.

No, nobody is more ‘worthy’ than anyone else, I agree, but you can’t help *feeling* that can you? As a medic, it’s most definitely not pointless YOU having the vaccine.... from an objective viewpoint, even if you do get Covid, theoretically you should get a milder case. That’s what the science is pointing to. I don’t think there’s anybody that would argue against hospital/care workers being prioritised for vaccination because without those people there would be far more deaths.

I must be unlucky then. I am disabled, impaired vision and diabetic with related problems. Yet have not been offered the jab, it's not paranoia it's a case of showing that the guidelines are not being followed and some are getting the Jab yet others are missing out yet both parties would be classed as equal high risk. As said something isn't right. I am sure you said you where employed a while back, maybe that gets took into account when they choose who to vaccinate. I am not that bothered about when i get the Jab but it would make life easier, i could go and do more for myself rather than rely on others or wait till someone has the time. I bet there are others in similar situations.

I am employed, currently furloughed because my workplace is closed. I’m able to work part time - it’s always a struggle but it’s important to me. It has nothing to do with why I’ve had the jab. If you feel you’ve been overlooked, contact your GP and let them know - advocate for yourself! I’m in a different country (Wales) to you, for one, so things are done a little differently. Some people will get overlooked unintentionally. This scheme has a lot of moving parts - NHS staff, the army, volunteers (St John’s) all trying to work at breakneck speed to vaccinate as many people as possible, mistakes are going to happen. But there’s no nefarious plot to let disabled people die. You’re just statistically less likely to die than 72 year old non-diabetic Joe Bloggs if you get Covid, so he gets the jab first. That’s all there is to it.

I must be unlucky then. I am disabled, impaired vision and diabetic with related problems. Yet have not been offered the jab, it's not paranoia it's a case of showing that the guidelines are not being followed and some are getting the Jab yet others are missing out yet both parties would be classed as equal high risk. As said something isn't right. I am sure you said you where employed a while back , maybe that gets took into account when they choose who to vaccinate. I am not that bothered about when i get the Jab but it would make life easier, i could go and do more for myself rather than rely on others or wait till someone has the time. I bet there are others in similar situations.

Christ man you fair know how to lay it on thick, whilst being a jetsetter, phone them up and tell them you have a humph as well, might get you bumped up the list a bit:D

Back
Top Bottom