What's new

Egyptian vulture seen in UK for first time in 150 years

rew

Olympian
_118933200_egyptianulture.jpg

An Egyptian vulture has been seen in the UK for the first time in what is believed to be more than 150 years.

Described as a "once-in-a-century" sighting, it is thought it may have come to the Isles of Scilly from Northern France.

If the "incredibly rare" sighting is confirmed to be a wild bird, it would be the first since 1868, say experts.

Birdwatchers are expected to flock to the isles for a chance to spot it before it moves on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-57483562

_118933200_egyptianulture.jpg

An Egyptian vulture has been seen in the UK for the first time in what is believed to be more than 150 years.

Described as a "once-in-a-century" sighting, it is thought it may have come to the Isles of Scilly from Northern France.

If the "incredibly rare" sighting is confirmed to be a wild bird, it would be the first since 1868, say experts.

Birdwatchers are expected to flock to the isles for a chance to spot it before it moves on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-57483562
Good grief - it's not likely to go unnoticed is it! :D

That would have wigged your head out pulling back the curtains and seeing that thing on the top of the telegraph pole!

Does look badass. Loving the do.

I'm sure loads of birdwatchers flocking to see it will encourage it to hang around and/or come back. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Does look badass. Loving the do.

I'm sure loads of birdwatchers flocking to see it will encourage it to hang around and/or come back. :rolleyes:

Oh I don't know, looks quite the show off to me........................."Look at me. they love me, they love me, I'm going global!"

Oh I don't know, looks quite the show off to me........................."Look at me. they love me, they love me, I'm going global!"
Dunno why but I always half expect a pharaonic style beard. Was a bit disappointed if I'm honest. The do definitely helps make up for it tho. Very punk.

Back
Top Bottom