What's new

Did you go out today?

He's a Blue but that's about it! Maybe he can install some passion in the lads to get us out of this mess but who knows. When we had Gary Rowett I didn't expect much & he was fantastic. I honestly thought we'd go the dinosaur route (Pulis) or some up & comer in League Two
I'm always surprised that owners still haven't caught on to the secret of Leicester's success. We had a plan in Div III and stuck to it.
  • Appoint a manager who plays the football you want to see and stick with him
  • Get in his choice of backroom staff
  • Develop a class-leading analysis team to feed stats to the manager and inform the recruitment process
  • Form a recruitment team with experts in various regions
  • Only sign players with a squad mentality, get shot of all the egos and journeymen
  • Invest in the training facilities and treatment staff
  • Sit back and accept the bumps along the road
Everyone else seems to stick with the same knee-jerk responses to manage a crisis rather than long-term planning. Admittedly, we struck gold with Pearson. After seasons of dross, we finally had a bunch that all pulled in the same direction and grew from our mistakes - Wayne Browne, I'm looking at you >:/

I knew we were going to win the Prem from the pre-season in 2015. I'd never seen anything like it - they were on fire, Vardeh and Mahrez were operating with a single brain.

Brilliant owners, just brilliant...because we'd all have been happy just to be not as shit as Forest or Derbeh :D

Yeah @JohnNada I have to get myself out, normally a 20 minute morning walk then an after work 30 minute walk, if the weather's crap I'll bottle it & feel awful

We have no plan for going back, so I assume it's back to 9 to 5 when we do & the boss will work from home. She's been nothing but a PITA during all this, calling us all multiple times a day "checking in on us" when usually, at the office she doesn't give a toss so long as the work's done :18:

Yeah you need to do something to fend off the cabin fever.

I think the upper echelons are struggling to justify their position working from home, hence all the remote cage rattling. It was the same for us on the last project I was on, we had a daily morning call just to check in then another meeting with the same Project Manager on Mon, Wed, Fri to discuss another part of the job that was usually discussed in the daily call anyway! It was torture! We had a bit of re-shuffle in the new year so I 've on a different project now and we just have a weekly meeting for our department, then if anything else comes up during the week the boss will email us. It's much better and we get more work done as a result.

Yeah you need to do something to fend off the cabin fever.

I think the upper echelons are struggling to justify their position working from home, hence all the remote cage rattling. It was the same for us on the last project I was on, we had a daily morning call just to check in then another meeting with the same Project Manager on Mon, Wed, Fri to discuss another part of the job that was usually discussed in the daily call anyway! It was torture! We had a bit of re-shuffle in the new year so I 've on a different project now and we just have a weekly meeting for our department, then if anything else comes up during the week the boss will email us. It's much better and we get more work done as a result.

That sounds a way better system, there's no need for constant contact, it just slows you down. You do get loads more done, no phone's to answer, no colleagues to gas to etc I just knuckle down & crack on (at the best of times :18:) If I'm bored or unmotivated I get distracted by the net & the boss will waste half an hour of the day at least on the phone. Spent an hour & 40 minutes in total on to her last Wednesday when an email would've done

She'll say she's spent the last two days on phone calls & has random 4 hour webinars & zoom calls, if you call her any time before midday, she doesn't answer & insert one of the pre mentioned excuses when she calls back. We all sussed her pretty much from the get go but it's annoying

I do like the flexi hours of WFH, will miss that

That sounds a way better system, there's no need for constant contact, it just slows you down. You do get loads more done, no phone's to answer, no colleagues to gas to etc I just knuckle down & crack on (at the best of times :18:) If I'm bored or unmotivated I get distracted by the net & the boss will waste half an hour of the day at least on the phone. Spent an hour & 40 minutes in total on to her last Wednesday when an email would've done

She'll say she's spent the last two days on phone calls & has random 4 hour webinars & zoom calls, if you call her any time before midday, she doesn't answer & insert one of the pre mentioned excuses when she calls back. We all sussed her pretty much from the get go but it's annoying

I do like the flexi hours of WFH, will miss that

Definitely sounds like she's just trying to appear busy to her own boss(es)! Thankfully my current boss is happy to get her hands dirty and do "normal" work if needed, and she's always there to take any flak from upper management on our behalf. It's refreshing to have someone like that in charge for a change.

Definitely sounds like she's just trying to appear busy to her own boss(es)! Thankfully my current boss is happy to get her hands dirty and do "normal" work if needed, and she's always there to take any flak from upper management on our behalf. It's refreshing to have someone like that in charge for a change.

ETA: Oh she is the "boss" only 5 of us & she's the director, never lets us forget that

Mine's the opposite, laziest person on Earth eg she has a post box 200 yards away from her house, calls the lad at the office to collect her post to post it

Just spent 28 minutes on the phone to her about things she could've looked up herself in less than 2 minutes, wants me to email her the figures to email the client so I get the bollocking if they're not right

Would love a boss like yours :18:

Went out today to the local Specsavers for an eye test.

Normal stuff really, except for when I arrived.
Waited at the entrance, a woman wandered about supposedly tidying things up.
Finally she came over, and said "I wont keep you waiting for more than a few minutes sir, sorry about that" despite me having an appointment booked.

Worst thing anyone can say to me is sorry, it really pisses me off.
Because blatantly they are not sorry, because it makes no difference to them if they keep me waiting half an hour, so it makes no fucking difference at all to them....................

Finally she came over, and said "I wont keep you waiting for more than a few minutes sir, sorry about that" despite me having an appointment booked.

Because blatantly they are not sorry, because it makes no difference to them if they keep me waiting half an hour, so it makes no fucking difference at all to them....................
Sorry! :anyone:

p-258-174-7bfd2ba9-7dd7-4e2e-b7b0-179503a804c9.jpeg

Sorry

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom