What's new

Did you go out today?

Sad sight in town today, an elderly gentleman had collapsed, it didn't look good, he didn't appear to be breathing, people were trying to check for pulse and breathing, then he started fitting, very badly, then he was still again. The cavalry turned up, mob handed, 3 vehicles, I don't know the outcome. I do know this and this is the point of my post, it was the youngsters - the millennials, that age group that *some* people like to bash and moan about, they were the ones trying to help, they were the ones getting on with it. It was a female in her early 20s holding his hand, it was a young lady liaising on the phone with the emergency services, it was a young Asian guy trying to check his breathing and do some sort of heart massage. It was both heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time.
I think it's always been the same, it's a 'crabbed age and youth' thing. When I started working again in the 80s after breaking my hip and had a walking stick, on public transport it was never the older people who'd offer me their seat, always the young people, both male and female.

Rotten thing to happen, poor bloke.

Let out on my own, first time " walk " around shops for a while.......knackered.

I think it's always been the same, it's a 'crabbed age and youth' thing. When I started working again in the 80s after breaking my hip and had a walking stick, on public transport it was never the older people who'd offer me their seat, always the young people, both male and female.

Rotten thing to happen, poor bloke.

Reminded me of a time when i was 20, my leg was in plaster due to an injury
had to get the bus into town, got on the bus and there was one seat
went to sit down but the old woman who was sitting there said she was keeping the
seat for her friend who was getting on at the next stop.
Managed to get a seat beside a youngish mother who put her son on there knee.

Reminded me of a time when i was 20, my leg was in plaster due to an injury
had to get the bus into town, got on the bus and there was one seat
went to sit down but the old woman who was sitting there said she was keeping the
seat for her friend who was getting on at the next stop.
Managed to get a seat beside a youngish mother who put her son on there knee.
Saving a seat on the bus?
Had she bought a ticket for it or something ?

How's the leg doing?
better day by day i`sh. been into a few shops, done a few odd jobs, even made tea for first time since novemver, couldnt remember how to use microwave.lol
Thats it for today though.

Back
Top Bottom