What's new

COVID-19: UK reports 24,950 new coronavirus cases - sixth consecutive daily fall

75% of adults fully vaccinated and 89% with one dose.

Nearly 200k infections in the last 7 days, and over 600 deaths.

So, how long until the next virus pops up anyway? It's a fucking miracle we've kept a lid on shit as well as we have for the last 100 years.

Let's just hope the next one isn't a flu that kills 40 or 50% of those infected.

The problem with our species seems to be that for all our genius, we're thick as shit. :doh:

IMHO, of course.

75% of adults fully vaccinated and 89% with one dose.

Nearly 200k infections in the last 7 days, and over 600 deaths.

So, how long until the next virus pops up anyway? It's a fucking miracle we've kept a lid on shit as well as we have for the last 100 years.

Let's just hope the next one isn't a flu that kills 40 or 50% of those infected.

The problem with our species seems to be that for all our genius, we're thick as shit. :doh:

IMHO, of course.
That's right, Mitz, good question. How long? Let's hope we don't get hit with something like this new virus with 88% fatality rate. Imagine that becoming as contagious as covid.

Won't be nukes, or climate change, or a meteor that wipes us out, it'll be a virus. Problem is, we're either too stupid or too arrogant to learn the lessons that need to be learned so we'll just continue getting schooled, brutally.

Man who died of new virus that kills 88% of victims may have infected 155 others
https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/11/guin...ay-have-spread-it-to-155-people-15073073/amp/

That's right, Mitz, good question. How long? Let's hope we don't get hit with something like this new virus with 88% fatality rate. Imagine that becoming as contagious as covid.

Won't be nukes, or climate change, or a meteor that wipes us out, it'll be a virus. Problem is, we're either too stupid or too arrogant to learn the lessons that need to be learned so we'll just continue getting schooled, brutally.

Man who died of new virus that kills 88% of victims may have infected 155 others
https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/11/guin...ay-have-spread-it-to-155-people-15073073/amp/

That is a seriously bad bit of journalism.
The clickbate headline does not fit the story.

The headline should read- Man dies of deadly virus. No evidence he has infected anyone else. Situation being closely monitored.

If we are wiped out it will be climate change most likely but nukes or a meteor are always possible.
Covid has messed with your ability to assess risk.

That is a seriously bad bit of journalism.
The clickbate headline does not fit the story.

The headline should read- Man dies of deadly virus. No evidence he has infected anyone else. Situation being closely monitored.

If we are wiped out it will be climate change most likely but nukes or a meteor are always possible.
Covid has messed with your ability to assess risk.
I didn't post it for the headline, I posted it to highlight that we're barely scratching the surface as far as viruses go. And antibiotic resistant bacteria for that matter. The sub 2% mortality rate is practically negligible in the grand scheme of things. I don't expect Pulitzer prize winning articles from Metro or anything other than baity titles but what this article highlights, and what covid has again highlighted, is that viruses can have truly terrifying mortality rates and truly terrifying infection rates. And people can interact with hundreds of people before knowing they're sick and contagious. Thankfully, up until now we haven't seen a terrifying mortality rate coupled with a terrifying transmissibility rate.

We continue to abuse the planet and destroy and encroach deeper and deeper, and climate change doesn't only effect us, it effects all life on the planet. Rising temperatures both on land and in the water, rising sea levels, burning forests. The conflict between man and animal is only just beginning and that's before I even get started on human biological experimentation where it's deemed acceptable to play with some of the most deadly pathogens on earth, in many places no doubt in substandard environments, engineering cross - species animals that should never exist, playing with and mixing animal/human genetics and all the other totally fucked up shit we couldn't even dream of that is undoubtedly going on behind closed doors right now as I type this, all in the name of "science". Terrorism and bio-terrorism.

Could extreme unchecked climate change wipe us out, sure. Could a meteor wipe us out, sure. I also see the possibility of us being biologically wiped out too. For all our ingenuity and progress, we are, in reality, very primitive, and, shall I say, still very wet behing the ears.

IMHO.

But, yeah, I'll grant you that covid has fried my brain a little bit, along with a temporarily nonexistent sleep pattern and serious lack of adequate sleep. That should probably be apparent by the fact I'm actually responding to my own posts. :30:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom