What's new

Are You Having The Booster ?

thanks fella. theve got a late clinic from 1-8 tomoz at our sister hospital so will try there tomorrow.
oh hang on. its got to be 91 days and had the last one 18th october so they might turn me away anyway arghh!

Just turn up there mate. Don't see how they can turn you away. That would be heartless.

Need to find a az booster for my wife, otherwise she won't have it (Pfizer). I've explained that the Pfizer is safe for her as she is not allergic to PEG/Macrogol, as it was in the gallon of Laxido she had to consume each time, for her two colonoscopy's and she was fine.

Edit: the colonoscopys were not recent though, last one was about 3 years ago :hmm:

peg.JPG

Key messages for patients

• You CAN have a Pfizer or Moderna booster if:
    • you have any type of FOOD allergy (including anaphylaxis)
    • you have had anaphylaxis to WASP or BEE stings
    • you have an identified allergy to most medicines
    • any current or recent medications that you have taken safely contain Polyethylene glycol (PEG/Macrogol)
    • You do need to seek further allergy advice if you have had immediate anaphylaxis to MULTIPLE unrelated medicines that contain Polyethylene glycol (PEG/Macrogol). You can check ingredients of medicines at medicines.org.uk if you are not sure.
  • https://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/2021/12/20/covid-19-booster-crisis-for-people-with-allergies/

thanks fella. theve got a late clinic from 1-8 tomoz at our sister hospital so will try there tomorrow.
oh hang on. its got to be 91 days and had the last one 18th october so they might turn me away anyway arghh!
Yes has to be 91 days after the last jab. She was notified a week before the 91 days were up.

Need to find a az booster for my wife, otherwise she won't have it (Pfizer). I've explained that the Pfizer is safe for her as she is not allergic to PEG/Macrogol, as it was in the gallon of Laxido she had to consume each time, for her two colonoscopy's and she was fine.

Edit: the colonoscopys were not recent though, last one was about 3 years ago :hmm:

View attachment 263601

Key messages for patients

• You CAN have a Pfizer or Moderna booster if:
    • you have any type of FOOD allergy (including anaphylaxis)
    • you have had anaphylaxis to WASP or BEE stings
    • you have an identified allergy to most medicines
    • any current or recent medications that you have taken safely contain Polyethylene glycol (PEG/Macrogol)
    • You do need to seek further allergy advice if you have had immediate anaphylaxis to MULTIPLE unrelated medicines that contain Polyethylene glycol (PEG/Macrogol). You can check ingredients of medicines at medicines.org.uk if you are not sure.
  • https://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/2021/12/20/covid-19-booster-crisis-for-people-with-allergies/

i think they might have ditched it. not heard of any boosters being az.

Good luck! :51:

Good luck! :51:
yay, 4th booster done without any form. 89 days since last jab but as said should be after 91 days.
just had to explain it to the doc of what shit i was on.
sods law that i took methotrexate today so that can stop the jab working. oh well, bring on the 5th jab.
now got to cancel my infusion and have it two weeks later.

still no letter or appointment come through the post @TP 72

yay, 4th booster done without any form. 89 days since last jab but as said should be after 91 days.
sods law that i took methotrexate today so that can stop the jab working. oh well, bring on the 5th jab.

Phew. :2thumbsup:

Wife did receive a letter as well so just going to surgery next week don’t need an appointment
My wife was on methotrexate made her very I’ll ended up in hospital she now has injections for her arthritis. Well done for getting the booster jab mate.

Glad it worked out for you.

Wife did receive a letter as well so just going to surgery next week don’t need an appointment
My wife was on methotrexate made her very I’ll ended up in hospital she now has injections for her arthritis. Well done for getting the booster jab mate.
its a weird drug and does affect people differently. ive been on 20mg for 21 years now. about 5 years ago they wanted to up it to 25mg but i refused. im also on sulphasalazene 1gram a day which in 1985 they said this wil be short term treatment. was on 6 a day but when i started meth in 2000 they lowered it to two and been on it ever since.

Back
Top Bottom