What's new

App issues (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
However we have all vaccinated over the past week then out of the blue we all got a notification one by one, without a patient X either. Clearly the app is triggering us as we are in the system for the vaccination. That's the only logical explanation at this point, just shows you how dodgy the app still is.

That's supposition, and why go on about patient x and what do you mean by patient x? Afaik, the covid app doesn't identify to app users, personal information about those who have tested positive, have symptoms or anything like that.

As far as we know we are all off for 8 days now.

We did get told back in September plans were in place to work from home after the last time and half the office had to go (no notification , just common sense). Still haven't heard about doing so however....

It does work in other instances. I got one start of the month which I would imagine was a bus ride that have me it , the only time I could have been around someone long enough sadly.

The app doesn't flag in such a way as far as I know. Otherwise where do you end that chain? Haha it's patient X and those around them. Had plenty of self isolating in the office over the past 10 months.

However we have all vaccinated over the past week then out of the blue we all got a notification one by one, without a patient X either. Clearly the app is triggering us as we are in the system for the vaccination. That's the only logical explanation at this point, just shows you how dodgy the app still is.

makes no odds if you have had the jab you can still pass on the virus and catch the virus

I can't use the app it would be going off all day long it's banned on all our PCT grounds but it's handy if you're in Tescos and someone is positive near you.

makes no odds if you have had the jab you can still pass on the virus and catch the virus

I can't use the app it would be going off all day long it's banned on all our PCT grounds but it's handy if you're in Tescos and someone is positive near you.

ah ok, so NHS staff aren’t allowed to use it when you are at work? makes sense or it would be going off constantly, i suppose.

ah ok, so NHS staff aren’t allowed to use it when you are at work? makes sense or it would be going off constantly, i suppose.

no apps in fact no phones you don't want a phone going off when you're trying to give any sort of treatment to anyone

"can you just hang on mrs davies i just got to talk to me mum"

The chain ends with your household, because you aren't mixing with others outside of work are you?

I'm not no. What I mean is if said person is in contact with someone else , they get notified. The app doesn't then notify anyone that's been around those also on a chain reaction, just the ones around the positive test .

@Sacred Vape

If you think the app is acting erroneously, then you can report it

https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/create-case/

It may be worth me doing that yeah actually. Quite a few of us don't really want to be locked up at home if it's an app issue, cheers.

you end the chain when there’s not anybody else who’s been in contact with potential carriers of the virus, surely?

If you did that then potentially hundreds could be notified! Person enters positive test , anyone that was around them for the 15 minutes minimum gets notified and then they isolate also.

That's the way I understand it being anyway.

That's supposition, and why go on about patient x and what do you mean by patient x? Afaik, the covid app doesn't identify to app users, personal information about those who have tested positive, have symptoms or anything like that.

Haha not sure where you are getting that from man! Didn't say anything like that.

People only get notified (if it works properly) if they have been around someone who has entered that positive test. So patient X is the person who has entered that positive test into the app for the notifications of isolation to go out.

On this instance there seemingly isn't a patient X , noone in the office has tested positive and pretty much everyone with the app is now off for a week. Only those without the app are going in tomorrow.

Which makes me wonder if knowing this we will be sent back in or made to honour the alert knowing it's a false flag.

I work in the NHS myself for context here.

What I meant man is that everyone in the office has had the vaccination and now had a notification to stay off. So logically the app is reading something somewhere as a covid encounter when really it's vaccination confirmation?

It's a theory, god knows what the issue actually is. We just know noone has tested positive and 20 odd staff haven't all encountered 20 other people with covid on the same day for us all to have a warning. We thought it was coincidence when a few got it then one by one everyone did. Only connection is the vaccine, seeing as though last positive test in the office only triggered those directly around that staff member.

If you did that then potentially hundreds could be notified! Person enters positive test , anyone that was around them for the 15 minutes minimum gets notified and then they isolate also.

Maybe that is right... I have no idea.

That would explain why it's completely useless though.

So my missus gets a notification, lets say she was stood in line for 15 mins at the Post Office next to someone who tested positive ..... you are saying that chain of notification stops with her? anyone else she might have spent an hours with since after isn't notified? There's more chance of them catching it from her than her catching it off the person in the PO!

So my missus gets a notification, lets say she was stood in line for 15 mins at the Post Office next to someone who tested positive ..... you are saying that chain of notification stops with her? anyone else she might have spent an hours with since after isn't notified? There's more chance of them catching it from her than her catching it off the person in the PO!
You're not contagious straight away tho. It takes days to become infectious once you've been infected. If your other half came in to contact with it or caught it from the queue at the PO she couldn't give it to anyone else for some time so people around her would only need to be pinged if they come in to contact with her during her infectious phase.

Or am I confused? Kinda feels like I am. :18:

Last edited:

Pretty much yeah , unless she tests positive , enters it into the app and then those around her then get the alert.

There is these limitations with it which are questionable.

Same as you only get a notification once the person enters the date I am assuming of symptoms. My one the other week only gave me 6 days isolation instead of the full 10, meaning if I had caught it from said person , I'd have travelled to work on the Monday and passed it on as I would have caught it a few days earlier.

I seen someone on Facebook get an alert on 19th Jan 21:00 saying to isolate until 19th Jan 23:59!

You're not contagious straight away tho. It takes days to become infectious once you've been infected. If your other half caught it from the queue at the PO she couldn't give it to anyone else for some time so people around her would only need to be pinged if they come in to contact with her during her infectious phase.

Right, but it could have been days, or longer until the person at the PO got tested and got the positive result.

Lets say it wasn't my missus but someone at Sacred's work... and everyone in his office has been in close contact since right? I don't understand how you would know either way?

Pretty much yeah , unless she tests positive , enters it into the app and then those around her then get the alert.

There is these limitations with it which are questionable.

Same as you only get a notification once the person enters the date I am assuming of symptoms. My one the other week only gave me 6 days isolation instead of the full 10, meaning if I had caught it from said person , I'd have travelled to work on the Monday and passed it on as I would have caught it a few days earlier.

I seen someone on Facebook get an alert on 19th Jan 21:00 saying to isolate until 19th Jan 23:59!

Right, yeah it sounds very limited and very questionable to me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom