What's new

App issues (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

Achiever
I've not seen anything on the news about it but it's strange none the less.

Currently everyone in our office has been notified by the app that we have been near someone with covid and therefore have to isolate for the next 9 days.

Yet noone in the office has tested for it.

In fact I only got the notification when I turned my Bluetooth off and on at home.

The theory is we have all been vaccinated at as such , has hit a glitch which has then wrongly assumed we have all been around someone. Either way we know we are all fine and some of us are ordering tests to be on the safe side, 5 days after we did test negative in work.

Even worse is that the people without the app will be made to go in this week without almost an entire office including management!

Tested positive or maybe not admitted that they tested positive?
We have a group chat for the office and everyone got the same notification. We all shared the screenshot to the boss ready for monday morning.

More curious is that when someone did test positive months ago and was in work before going off , most of us didn't get notified.

We have a group chat for the office and everyone got the same notification. We all shared the screenshot to the boss ready for monday morning.

More curious is that when someone did test positive months ago and was in work before going off , most of us didn't get notified.

A ping is a ping, you've got the app, you've been told to self isolate, there is no grey area - at least up until the point when someone from the human side of the covid app, informs you otherwise.

if somebody you work with has been flagged for being in contact with someone who has tested positive, then it would surely also flag you and your other colleagues, who’ve been in close proximity with that person for more than 15 minutes, no?

what i mean is, one of you wouldn’t necessarily have to have tested positive, per se?

if that isn’t the case, then the app seems a bit pointless imo.

A ping is a ping, you've got the app, you've been told to self isolate, there is no grey area - at least up until the point when someone from the human side of the covid app, informs you otherwise.

As far as we know we are all off for 8 days now.

We did get told back in September plans were in place to work from home after the last time and half the office had to go (no notification , just common sense). Still haven't heard about doing so however....

if somebody you work with has been flagged for being in contact with someone who has tested positive, then it would surely also flag you and your other colleagues, who’ve been in close proximity with that person for more than 15 minutes, no?

what i mean is, one of you wouldn’t necessarily have to have tested positive, per se?

if that isn’t the case, then the app seems a bit pointless imo.

It does work in other instances. I got one start of the month which I would imagine was a bus ride that have me it , the only time I could have been around someone long enough sadly.

The app doesn't flag in such a way as far as I know. Otherwise where do you end that chain? Haha it's patient X and those around them. Had plenty of self isolating in the office over the past 10 months.

However we have all vaccinated over the past week then out of the blue we all got a notification one by one, without a patient X either. Clearly the app is triggering us as we are in the system for the vaccination. That's the only logical explanation at this point, just shows you how dodgy the app still is.

The app doesn't flag in such a way as far as I know. Otherwise where do you end that chain? Haha it's patient X and those around them. Had plenty of self isolating in the office over the past 10 months.

you end the chain when there’s not anybody else who’s been in contact with potential carriers of the virus, surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom