What's new

Xcube 2 fix-smooth vape again!

conanthewarrior

Achiever
Right, I have TC working as good with TI as NI200. I was having the issue of it not heating properly, the coefficient needs adjusting to the maximum allowed, and it will not result in a dry hit.

Select the TI mode, then press 3 times for setting. Adjust the coefficient to its maximum, which is 0.00550, then when connected to the SMOK app for phone, the temp is bang on. At the coefficient SMOK set, it was off by nearly 120 degrees C! Now, it is actually hitting the correct temp as I can see on the phone app, also it is increasing wattage, before it was outputting at max 12 watts-20watts, nowhere near enough to heat the coil to over 200 degrees dual coil.

Now, it hits 60 watts, then drops, but it is not noticeable, it is a smooth vape.

This may be the answer to people who were having trouble since the 1.092 update, connect to your phone to calibrate the coefficient until temp control is hitting the correct temp. Device alone states it is, but the coil was only reaching around 110C when it was set to 220C !

Now it works perfectly.

Play with the app and coefficient, and I guarantee you will receive a smooth vape again, without massive drops of heat then cold, as I was experiencing with titanium. Also, there is no dry hits, as I have fully tested it to a coil until dry.

A bit annoying you have to change the coefficient to the WRONG settings, but it will work, I am 99.9% positive this will solve anybody with the 1.092 problem.

Last edited:
Ok, I made a mistake in my calculations. It provides the correct temperature, but with a dripper it does result in dry hits. I had it set to NI200 when it had no dry hits, so I assumed the lower coefficient would not affect it.

This workaround works perfectly for tanks though. I am going to experiment with the coefficient settings to get the correct temperature, and also no dry hits.

But, at least it results in a smooth vape in TI mode, which was not happening before.

I am no expert on wire coefficient, I just happened to play around with the settings whilst connected to my phone, and saw why it would not work at 150C, its because it was only putting out 12 watts at the standard coefficient, and reaching a temp of around 80C, which is obviously massively off.

I have two builds that I am testing with. i hope to can find an even better solution in the middle, so you get the correct temp with no dry hits.

If I manage this, I will publish for all to see and help, but for now if you are using a tank, it definitely, 100% works.

EDIT: Ok, for a dripper, it needs to be at its standard coefficient to avoid burnt hits, but will only work at around 200C+ properly.

The coefficient to maximum works very well on tanks and results in a smoother vape.

So its one or the other, or just change setting manually when you switch from dripper to tank for correct TC under 200C.

The only way I can see is the next update from SMOK, as 1.092 broke a lot of things that they need to fix. I am hoping that they was not only going to do a few revisions, and then stop, otherwise we have devices that performed great on 1.080, but upgraded have issues. Mine is on 1.091 and I thought had no issue, but this was just in NI200 mode, the other modes do not work smoothly or correctly.

Hurry up firmware revision 1.whatever and fix the problem, its a great device.

If anyone has the HEX file for the 1.08 I have the original flasher, and will downgrade, as I see no reason it will not due to it being a flasher.

Last edited:
Right, I upgraded to 1.092 even though I had heard issues, but its working OK for me so far. I did lose SS and TI mode, but just had to click upgrade in the app and it did not charge me again, so thats good.

One weird thing-1.092 changes NI200's coefficient from 0.00600 which it should be, to 0.00400.

I have no idea why, at that coefficient no vapour was produced so I had to manually set it, SS and TI were correct though.

I had to change it as I just did a NI200 build, titanium was working better than before, so I think the 1.092 problem with NI200 is the coefficient is set completely wrong, it needs to be 0.00600.

Last edited:
Right, I upgraded to 1.092 even though I had heard issues, but its working OK for me so far. I did lose SS and TI mode, but just had to click upgrade in the app and it did not charge me again, so thats good.

One weird thing-1.092 changes NI200's coefficient from 0.00600 which it should be, to 0.00400.

I have no idea why, at that coefficient no vapour was produced so I had to manually set it, SS and TI were correct though.

I had to change it as I just did a NI200 build, titanium was working better than before, so I think the 1.092 problem with NI200 is the coefficient is set completely wrong, it needs to be 0.00600.

Never had this issue with mine Buddy! Only thing with mine now is that I can't switch between different wire types on the device itself. I have to use the app to do it.

Never had this issue with mine Buddy! Only thing with mine now is that I can't switch between different wire types on the device itself. I have to use the app to do it.

Yes, mine did that when I changed to 1.092, its a known issue. Remember when you had to buy them to activate them? Go back into that menu, and activate them again. There is no charge as they are already unlocked, and then you will see them on your device. :).

Where you upgrade, you are essentially flashing a new firmware onto the device, similar in how I flash phones.

I use the original installer as the new one is simpler, but does not work for me.

But honestly, go back into that menu while its connected to your phone, and re-activate them, turn the Xcube on and off, and then TI and SS will be back on the device, so you do not have to use your phone to change device.

When you do this, could you do me a favour? Go into TI mode through the settings menu, and check if the coefficient for NI has changed from 0.00600 to 0.00400, it only happened after I re activated the modes, but was easily fixable by changing the coefficient myself.

Last edited:
Yes, mine did that when I changed to 1.092, its a known issue. Remember when you had to buy them to activate them? Go back into that menu, and activate them again. There is no charge as they are already unlocked, and then you will see them on your device. :).

Where you upgrade, you are essentially flashing a new firmware onto the device, similar in how I flash phones.

I use the original installer as the new one is simpler, but does not work for me.

But honestly, go back into that menu while its connected to your phone, and re-activate them, turn the Xcube on and off, and then TI and SS will be back on the device, so you do not have to use your phone to change device.

When you do this, could you do me a favour? Go into TI mode through the settings menu, and check if the coefficient for NI has changed from 0.00600 to 0.00400, it only happened after I re activated the modes, but was easily fixable by changing the coefficient myself.

Sorry for the late reply, was on night shift lol. Batts on charge atm but will definitely try that again and get back to you.

Sorry for the late reply, was on night shift lol. Batts on charge atm but will definitely try that again and get back to you.

Ok then thanks mate, but you can access TI and SS from your device again, fear not :).

Just remember to change the coefficient if it changes NI200 to 0.00400, as it wont work that low, 0.00600 is correct and provides no burnt hits as it should perform.

Bit annoying you have to activate it again, but at least you have not lost the function for good, it just needs reactivation :)

Ok then thanks mate, but you can access TI and SS from your device again, fear not :).

Just remember to change the coefficient if it changes NI200 to 0.00400, as it wont work that low, 0.00600 is correct and provides no burnt hits as it should perform.

Bit annoying you have to activate it again, but at least you have not lost the function for good, it just needs reactivation :)

I did reactivate them after I updated and like yourself didn't have to pay again. Just can't switch between them on the device but if I switched between them on the app it does transfer to the device. Probably just a glitch.

I did reactivate them after I updated and like yourself didn't have to pay again. Just can't switch between them on the device but if I switched between them on the app it does transfer to the device. Probably just a glitch.

Ahh balls, so you reactivated while connected to bluetooth and still can't change on the device? Like press fire three times, second menu, that way?

If you can't, shows how glitched 1.092 is.

I wonder how long it will take SMOK to build a new firmware, or will they even bother? If they don't, I definitely won't be getting another SMOK product as its bugged as hell for some people, and as a new device they should be working 24/7 fixing the issue.

The beta installer is still the exact same as it was over a month ago, non working.

The Xcube on power mode is my favourite device, with NI200 it also is, but with TI my other TC devices work better.

Ahh balls, so you reactivated while connected to bluetooth and still can't change on the device? Like press fire three times, second menu, that way?

If you can't, shows how glitched 1.092 is.

I wonder how long it will take SMOK to build a new firmware, or will they even bother? If they don't, I definitely won't be getting another SMOK product as its bugged as hell for some people, and as a new device they should be working 24/7 fixing the issue.

The beta installer is still the exact same as it was over a month ago, non working.

The Xcube on power mode is my favourite device, with NI200 it also is, but with TI my other TC devices work better.

Hi Conan. Quick update. Had loads of trouble trying to upgrade to SS on the smok app (known problem with PayPal on android devices) I eventually managed to do on my iPad, and all my problems were solved. I can now switch between different wires on the x cube . I was dying to try the SS coils on my Crown tank and all I can say that it's f@#king awesome. Running 0.5 ohm coil at 550f, soft setting, TCR at 0.00100. Recommend trying it if you have the crown tank.

Back
Top Bottom