What's new

Review Yodel

Ment

Legend
This is a personal review of a vendor/retailer that I have conducted a business transaction with. The following information reflects a true representation of the transaction between myself and the company identified. The opinions expressed, represent my own and not those ofthis website, planetofthevapes.co.uk. By posting this review I agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out by the Planet of the Vapes website.

It started with an order I placed with Vaporl on 12th September for delivery to my work address. I checked the tracking a couple of weeks later and saw they'd delivered the parcel the previous day.

I hadn't taken receipt of a parcel and I checked with my work colleagues who also hadn't.

I went on Yodel live chat and the operator said he would interview the driver and find out where he'd taken it. I checked back a couple of days later and the operator said he'd spoken to the driver who confirmed he'd delivered it to the right address.

I was gobsmacked, and asked him what he'd expected the driver to say. His response was that the driver was certain, and he had a signature to prove it and that was the end of the matter. Even more gobsmacked.

I'd had a closer look at the tracking and pointed out that they'd made a failed attempt the previous day and left a calling card, but as my work is a 24 hour business and has no letter box, how did the delivery fail and where exactly did they leave the calling card?

At this point he said goodbye and ended the chat.

I still had hopes of retrieving my parcel and wanted to escalate things, but there was no other contact option on the site. Through Google, I stumbled on the Resolver service which provides a portal for making contact with companies at a higher level. I got a response saying they would investigate, then heard nothing for 2 weeks.

During this time, I contacted Vaporl, asking them to contact Yodel. They did so, and sent me a screenshot of the tracking and said I'd received my parcel.

Further attempts at communication with Yodel failed so I went to Paypal, who contacted Vaporl, who sent them a screenshot of the tracking and Paypal sided with Vaporl. I hassled Paypal for a bit, but they were adamant, saying my issue was with Yodel so there was nothing they could do.

I felt pretty helpless at this stage - our supposed protection had failed and the vendor had pulled up the drawbridge.

I went back to Resolver and escalated things to director level and started hassling them for a copy of the GPS tracking. Hermes provide this as standard so Yodel must have it and I don't know why it took me so long to think of it. This must have been the clincher as Yodel finally responded, and while they didn't admit to anything, they told me to contact the vendor for a refund.

Magically, Vaporl agreed this time, though it did take nearly 3 weeks to get it.

While the blame here lies with Yodel, I believe the other two companies involved could have acted better. Vaporl refused to entertain any suggestion that I hadn't received my parcel and Paypal should have put pressure on Vaporl - it was their responsibility to ensure I received my parcel and, according to their pledge, Paypal should have acted in my interests when they failed to do so.

I won't be using either Paypal or Vaporl again and I check delivery options carefully to make sure Yodel aren't involved.

@Ment Glad you got it sorted out in the end
did you ever find out exactly where your parcel went?

Yodel are a complete joke of a courier company. Lost count of how many items I've had lost by them and the excuses are ridiculous.

On time I'd purchased a new headlight for my car after it has been crashed into and yodel attempted to deliver it and I could not get them to redeliver. In the end I visited their depot that wasn't far away and stormed into there demanding my package. After about 30 mins of waiting they eventually gave me it and gave someone a right bollocking.

Another time was something I ordered which on the online tracking said item was left on the front porch. 1. We do not have a front porch and 2. Someone was in the house all day. Needless to say, they took zero responsibility for it and said I had to contact the seller. Luckily I got a refund.

Years ago I don't know if anyone saw it, there was a documentary on ITV about Yodel and their shoddy business practices. A friend of mine was one of the investigators that went under cover working for Yodel.

Yodel are a complete joke of a courier company. Lost count of how many items I've had lost by them and the excuses are ridiculous.

On time I'd purchased a new headlight for my car after it has been crashed into and yodel attempted to deliver it and I could not get them to redeliver. In the end I visited their depot that wasn't far away and stormed into there demanding my package. After about 30 mins of waiting they eventually gave me it and gave someone a right bollocking.

Another time was something I ordered which on the online tracking said item was left on the front porch. 1. We do not have a front porch and 2. Someone was in the house all day. Needless to say, they took zero responsibility for it and said I had to contact the seller. Luckily I got a refund.

Years ago I don't know if anyone saw it, there was a documentary on ITV about Yodel and their shoddy business practices. A friend of mine was one of the investigators that went under cover working for Yodel.

I guess that's why some of us aren't cut out to be in business. If that was my firm I'd hold myself personally responsible for every single parcel and I'd go out of business overnight.

Just to play devils advocate

As a courier I know how many people (and not suggesting for 1 second anyone on here) get someone else to sign for a parcel then claim they have not received it
All couriers are too busy and honestly you don't always have time to wait for someone to answer a door[emoji849]

As a courier I know how many people (and not suggesting for 1 second anyone on here) get someone else to sign for a parcel then claim they have not received it
All couriers are too busy and honestly you don't always have time to wait for someone to answer a door[emoji849]

I totally understand that, and there's one company that takes a picture of the building after handing the parcel over, but it's wrong to assume that every claimant is a con man.

I totally understand that, and there's one company that takes a picture of the building after handing the parcel over, but it's wrong to assume that every claimant is a con man.
I totally agree, all claims should be investigated and like you said the GPS position where the signature was made would have been an easy way to solve this one [emoji16]

Chap door run away....great game:D

I guess that's why some of us aren't cut out to be in business. If that was my firm I'd hold myself personally responsible for every single parcel and I'd go out of business overnight.

No , you just wouldn't use yodel . It really is unbelievable that they are still in business . They give all couriers a bad name.

Back
Top Bottom