What's new

Washington Vapes - Shocking Customer Service

ktidsco

This is a personal review of a vendor/retailer that I have conducted a business transaction with. The following information reflects a true representation of the transaction between myself and the company identified. The opinions expressed, represent my own and not those of this website, planetofthevapes.co.uk. By posting this review I agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out by the Planet of the Vapes website

I thought I'd share my recent experience with Washington Vapes.

I bought a tank from here via their online shop - the price was excellent (even with the imposed £5 delivery). The tank was leaking after a couple of days (I later found out this is a common and well documented fault on this particular tank) so I contacted them to return my item for a replacement. After sending the tank back - to be inspected (as if I was lying about it leaking) they said this tank didn't leak. I had photos and videos of the tank leaking which I had sent to them. After a few days trying to get in contact I was told to phone the manager. The manager was extremely rude and obnoxious and basically shouted at me down the phone saying there was no leak and claimed that I didn't have a clue what I was doing.

After weeks of perseverance I finally was sent a replacement tank. If I was doing something wrong I would have expected the berating from the manager but I simply wanted a replacement tank for a faulty unit. The manager's attitude was disgusting from the outset and he seemed to think he was above any Consumer Rights laws.

Washington Vapes will continue to do well since their prices are so low but if anything goes wrong with your order - don't expect it to be fixed without an ear ache and hours of your time.

I'll never be buying from them again - extremely unprofessional and with so many other vendors that value their customer its not worth it to save a couple of quid.

Last edited:
What was the tank? Only ordered liquids from there which have always been good.

sorry to hear of your issues with them and not the best attitude from a manager.

thing is this time of year we seem to see quite a few complaints of leaking tanks. simple reason is its summer and in the real world like a home it gets hot so the juice thins out and tends to leak more.
usually these juice suppliers have nice cool air conditioning so when they check a tank for faults it doesnt leak as its kept cool.

as said above, what was the tank and what ratio of juice was you using.

While there's no excuse for shoddy customer service, we can't expect vendors to replace leaky tanks unless you can identify a physical fault.

You've admitted yourself this tank is notoriously leaky, and there are many threads about this issue on POTV - it's one of the pitfalls of vaping and something we have to work at ourselves to correct.

The tank was a Pharaoh Mini RTA. The tank was leaking from the seal around the base which hadn't been fitted properly out the factory. It could not have been fixed by myself as it was the press fit.

The second tank I eventually received has worked flawlessly for the past week, confirming indeed it was a faulty tank.

The faulty tank wasn't so much the issue, as I'm well aware that these things happen in vaping - it was the attitude and disdain that I considered the real issue.

Anyone able to help, sorry literslly new to the vape scene. Greetings. I purchased a Smok T priv on Saturday and it arrived today, so delivery gets a 10/10 from me.
HOWEVER !! This is where the problem lies. I’ve scanned the code on the side of the smok box as I’ve alwqys done with these devices and this device is coming up as ‘ unknown ‘. It worries me as I beleive it’s a fake ?! Any suggestions on course of action. I’ve emailed them a couple of hours ago.

Anyone able to help, sorry literslly new to the vape scene. Greetings. I purchased a Smok T priv on Saturday and it arrived today, so delivery gets a 10/10 from me.
HOWEVER !! This is where the problem lies. I’ve scanned the code on the side of the smok box as I’ve alwqys done with these devices and this device is coming up as ‘ unknown ‘. It worries me as I beleive it’s a fake ?! Any suggestions on course of action. I’ve emailed them a couple of hours ago.
hi and welcome to the planet.
if it was from washington vapes then i wouldnt of thought a big company like them would be selling fakes.
is it a scratch code?
its been a long time since i owned a priv but i think my code was on a scratch card inside the box. might be wrong though.
can you post some pics.

These are the messages I get when I scan the QR code on the code which is on the card and on the side of the box. I want to use it once I can confirm it’s genuine. With all these stories of fake devices exploding. I don’t want to risk anything.

Attachments

• 36FA7646-8D60-4995-BF30-623C9F32B930.png
    36FA7646-8D60-4995-BF30-623C9F32B930.png
    190 KB · Views: 163
  • 6CC8196C-97E9-419C-AE02-32C1625EE548.png
    6CC8196C-97E9-419C-AE02-32C1625EE548.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 157
  • EF229840-6B12-4B90-8DA8-5D890CA1B2B3.jpeg
    EF229840-6B12-4B90-8DA8-5D890CA1B2B3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
  • C4D6ABC8-ADB8-4D15-A7B5-92F49EB08EDD.png
    C4D6ABC8-ADB8-4D15-A7B5-92F49EB08EDD.png
    216.9 KB · Views: 154
thanks for posting.

took me ages to find this as there is nothing on the smok site anymore.

are you following this video. if so then wait for a reply from washington vapes

Followed that exact video, looks like I’m going to have to wait for a reply, I know they have some 1star reviews regarding their returns process, hopefully I don’t become another casualty !!

Thanks for your help !

Back
Top Bottom