What's new

Vape with us Northallerton Ltd

billybuntus

Hello,

I purchased a smok priv x on the 30th jan 2019. The mod died without warning after 2 weeks of use. I paid £68 including batteries.

Returned to the shop to find a notice saying to returns or exchanges after 7 days! The guy in the shop refused to even look at the mod and said take it up with the manufacturer. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement. I also wouldn't recommend a SMOK device. The coils have been rubbish typically lasting 3-4 days and this is the second SMOK product which has failed on me. I've submitted a warranty claim to smok. Interestingly smok say return to the store of purchase within the first 6 months....

Clearly a bunch of cowboys. So beware the vape shop in northallerton on the high street!

Thanks
Steven

billybuntus, I too am not a fan of SMOK.

Made cheap, look flashy, high priced and no real quality whatsoever. And yes I have had one, a Procolour that literally ate coils.

Smoant and Vaporesso are two manufacturers that I can recommend.

And fasttech, a webstore based in China. They sell a ton a vape gear at reasonable prices and offer free shipping (e packet).

The shop is in breach of UK trading laws. Get in touch with your local citizens advice or trading standards.

Smok are correct, you must return it to the retailer if it fails within the first 6 months.

And if it fails within the first 30 days, you can use your right to reject.

Go back to the shop and demand a replacement or a refund. It is the retailers responsibility to sort it out, by LAW.

If you aren't prepared to stand your ground in the shop (like "I'm not leaving till you do your duty under the consumer rights act, feel free to call the police, or I will do so if you try to manhandle me" etc), then contact your local trading standards officer and tell them the situation.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-get-a-faulty-product-replaced-or-repaired

No trading standards nowadays, only consumer direct.

But OP could use the inherently faulty angle of the sale of goods act.

speedfreek67, was posting at same time as you. So didn't get your post until refreshed page.

But thanks for the updated information, inherently faulty will be covered under fit for purposes intended in the consumer rights act 2015.

Kind of speedfreek67, there was also consumer direct. Just checked and they stopped operating in 2012, then Citizens Advice Bureau took over.

Shows that I must have been mostly buying reasonable stuff since 2012, as was unaware of these things.

This is the trading standards/consumer rights website for Northallerton:

https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/trading-standards

Personally, I would be going back to the shop and demanding they either replace the mod or refund me under the 30 day right to refuse rule, but I understand that some people might not be comfortable doing that, for many reasons.

Back
Top Bottom