What's new

@vapesmarter's Leather Mod Holsters

tobywonkanobi

Achiever
Ok, I was lucky enough to win a little giveaway that @vapesmarter was running. It was for a mod case. He asked for the dimensions of my mod and off he went...

I'll be honest, I wasn't getting my hopes up. (Not a dig just that I can't even begin to imagine the process for making something from leather.) well it turns out that Stu is a bit nifty.

The case arrived special delivery, he wouldn't even except payment to cover postage costs.

Stunning! It's absolutely gorgeous. I was straight on to Stu to ask nicely if he might be able to sort out something for carrying a mech mod. Not only did he agree, but he even sent me sketches to make sure it seemed similar to what I had in mind. Looked great, so off he went again. (There is a thread to follow how he made these pieces which I'll stick the link for in the comments)

Here are the cases...
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1481908523.296833.jpg
Soooo chuffed. The workmanship is spectacular. They are just so professional. As you can see the box mod one has a strap over the top to hold the mod in place. Here is a pic of the backs of them...
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1481908716.376450.jpg
As you can see there is a loop on the back of each holster to be able to put it on a belt. I was also sent the other piece (connected to the back of the box mod one) to be able to connect the mod to a belt but allowing a bit more movement, which should mean it being more comfortable and it not getting in the way.

The cases were made to fit my chosen mods, a 100 or 150w old sigelei that I use for work and the other to fit my SOI Subzero Shorty. I have not tested them 'out in the field' yet but will update this thread when I have. Both have been treated with a special wax which Stu very kindly sent with my mech case. It was also sent out in a little material bag.

I don't know whether Stu will go into business with these, but if he does I'm front of the queue. Such excellent pieces. Previously I had been using cheap little zipper cases from fasttech. Nothing wrong with them but come on, look at these little beauties.

They are so well made I'd imagine they'll last longer than the mods inside them. I can't even put into words how happy I am with them,if you ever get a chance to get Stu to make one for you, I would definitely go for it.

@vapesmarter, Thankyou so much. Excellent work, and a real pleasure to speak to. [emoji106][emoji2][emoji2]

Back
Top Bottom