What's new

Pugsley's Game Changing Review of the GC Homogenizer & DIY Flavor Chaser One Shots

Wow, that was looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong! :)

You probably need a chemistry degree to really understand how to get things to bind together at an atomic level to get them to form into completely uniform compounds.

Undoubtedly a good piece of kit but I'm not sure how many home DIYers would get this just for mixing up small quantities of juice for themselves. I paid about £7.50 for a little hand held mini electric mixer which may not be as good as an homogeniser but it definitely helps to give me a pretty thorough mix that at least helps reduce the amount of time I feel my juice needs to steep.

If you're making bigger amounts of juice though for other people or you just want to own every bit of vape gear under the sun I can imagine there will certainly be a market for it.
Seriously....the longest ever, my fingers are trashed after that :22::18:......I used to use a frother too, but...I was taught that actually, not really a good idea, introducing air into your mix will speed up oxidization, and that can harm your mix unless you're gonna vape the whole thing quickly, even then, the difference between using a frother and vaping it straight way...which is fine for fruit mixes, and having your mix sit on the shelf for a month after a good shake, is like chalk and cheese, especially with dessert/custards/creams etc.....and the GC eliminates that altogether. I haven't used my frother since I was told, I just started doing a month rotation, but now I don't need to, and it's a godsend when I'm working on recipes, it's really quite brilliant :2thumbsup:

I think a frother is a different thing entirely. Mine is a mixer rather than a frother.

I think you will always get a certain amount of air that gets introduced, even with an homogeniser unless it works in a vacuum.

You mention that gases form in the mix with the homogeniser but it would be helpful to have an idea of the chemical composition of what those gases are, or are they must micro bubbles of air?

I think a frother is a different thing entirely. Mine is a mixer rather than a frother.

I think you will always get a certain amount of air that gets introduced, even with an homogeniser unless it works in a vacuum.

You mention that gases form in the mix with the homogeniser but it would be helpful to have an idea of the chemical composition of what those gases are, or are they must micro bubbles of air?
Oh god I have no idea of the chemical composition of the micro bubbles, it's something to do with the gases caused by smashing the compounds together and cavitation from the sheer speed of the thing, I'm no chemical expert, but.... If you'd like to hear it straight from the horses mouth then follow the link in the review and ask him personally, he's a really nice guy and very approachable

In the name of the wee man....... I have no fkin clue what this is all about...pot's n pans n poky heat sticks.... you trippin dude:)

i thought this would be right up your street. a wee homogeniser. it has to be better than that daft tiny blender, and only 200 notes. go fur it big man.

Absolutley outstanding review mate :2thumbsup: sounds like an excellent bit of kit not for me though as i dont mix enough atm maybe in the future who knows ? that must have taken you a while to write up :lol1:

Absolutley outstanding review mate :2thumbsup: sounds like an excellent bit of kit not for me though as i dont mix enough atm maybe in the future who knows ? that must have taken you a while to write up :lol1:
Thanks man I really appreciate that yeah took me 3 days to type it out and a month to get it all together lol....

@Steampugs
Can you repeat that..?
I didn't quite get it the first time lol

NO DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE

I'm gonna stick with shaking the bottle...

I think you actually broke my head making me read that

You are absofuckinlootely batshit crazy man

Keep taking the meds and say hi to matron for me.

@Steampugs
Can you repeat that..?
I didn't quite get it the first time

NO DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE

I'm gonna stick with shaking the bottle...

I think you actually broke my head making me read that

You are absofuckinlootely batshit crazy man

Keep taking the meds and say hi to matron for me.

Baaaahahahaha . I was just about to copy and paste it for you then

Thanks for reading man, I know how difficult you find that..... Lol cheers

Baaaahahahaha . I was just about to copy and paste it for you then

Thanks for reading man, I know how difficult you find that..... Lol cheers
Oi cheeky I'm on the second set of JANET AND JOHN Books.. :30:

Oh god I have no idea of the chemical composition of the micro bubbles, it's something to do with the gases caused by smashing the compounds together and cavitation from the sheer speed of the thing, I'm no chemical expert, but.... If you'd like to hear it straight from the horses mouth then follow the link in the review and ask him personally, he's a really nice guy and very approachable

I'm also not a chemist but it seems to stand to reason that the gases can only be from heat energy caused by the friction of the mixing process but chemically the gases can only be made up of whatever ingredients are present in the liquid plus any air that's also present.

Back
Top Bottom