What's new

Review GOLISI 18650 S30 Pro Series...REVIEW..

joe clay

Veteran
Good evening boys and girls and have we been good over xmas and the new year???....ok then as you have i will let you read my REVIEW of these;

GOLISI imr18650 3.7V 3000MAH
S30 Pro Series max35A

So lets get this boring bit out the way 1st then we shall get down to it.

This review is of my own thoughts on said item, i have nothing to do with the company in question and allthough i have been sent this for free or i have purchased this item doe's not in anyway give weight to my review outcome, in other words if it is shite then i will say its shite and if it is good then i will say its good.

Right.. GOLISI kindly sent me these batteries a while ago for the sole purpose of me using them for THIS review....and as these are batteries for reviewing i thought i'd bedt give them a real good workout, so lets get down to it.

The 1st thing you notice is the packaging and how well they have put this together, yes i know its just a couple of 18650s but it does help you think you have made the RIGHT choice in GOLISI as a nice well put together cardboard box with all details on the outside and GOLISI all over the inside of box, then inside is a hard black plastic box with GOLISI embossed in the centre for safe carrying of your batteries.
20190114_193652.jpeg

20190114_193728.jpeg

20190114_193749.jpeg

Now the batteries, these have a GOOD quality wrap on them (i know as i removed one) and with gold, grey and white writing on them.
20190114_193833.jpeg

Now GOLISI claims that these 'S30 Po Series' batteries are a massive 35A (MAX) and CDR: 25A....and who am i to say they are or not as i'm NOT a battery professor/geek or that but i do have a rough idea just by using them in my vape mods how good they are and how long they last.

So what 18650s are they really and who are they really made by???....time to unwrap one of these GOLISI S30 Pro Series.....well nothing as there is NO markings on the actual battery itself, so going by this i can only assume these ARE made by GOLISI and not by another well known brand .....NICE!
20190114_193944.jpeg

20190114_194015.jpeg

So how do they stack up with others that i have here ie, samsung 25r, Sony vtc4/5s etc;....well most of yous know i do love a mech mod and as you know you have GOT to know your OHMS LAW as this is vital safety when using unregulated devices and having that instant power delivery from your battery is also important when using mechanical mods.

So do these GOLISI 18650 really have the MAX 35A that it says on the box/ battery?....i doubt it but then again how many other battery manufacturer's claims are incorrect.

But i am NOT saying that these GOLISI 18650 S30 Pro Series are not upto it, far from it, when installed after a FULL charge they have a bloody good punch of power and they last very....i would go as far as saying that i prefer them over the samsung 25r and sony vtc4/5.

But would i buy these?.....in a heartbeat.

www.golisi.com

..... [emoji16]

Last edited:
They are estimated to be about 22A, 2800 mAh according to Mooch.

If that's true then that's appalling, if we don't want a return to the good old days of Efest ratings then I don't think we should be buying them until they take that 'information' off the wrappers.

Seeing at you have a relationship with them maybe you could put some pressure on them @joe clay before someone blows their face off thinking it's fine and dandy to run these at 35A?

They are estimated to be about 22A, 2800 mAh according to Mooch.

If that's true then that's appalling, if we don't want a return to the good old days of Efest ratings then I don't think we should be buying them until they take that 'information' off the wrappers.

Seeing at you have a relationship with them maybe you could put some pressure on them @joe clay before someone blows their face off thinking it's fine and dandy to run these at 35A?
True... but like i said i do not think they are max 35A that they claim but to be honest i would have staked a grand on them being more than 22A.
And i do not have a relationship with them, just reviewing what was sent.

hard thing to "review" without some serious kit really , nice effort though, if you want a bit more info on them could let @Ben fogstar give them a test, and see how they match up.
I honestly don't like seeing these promo'd as hard as they have been by certain youtube reviewers and social medias, just for a bit of money, and a bit concerning that they didnt change the wrap to be more accurate as mooch said when he tested them , wonder if golisi would send some for testing to fogstar?

Thanks for reviewing, will remove my comments if inappropriate

I wrote down how many puffs per batteries in a dual regulated mod vaping at 40w a few weeks ago & found them to be a mid range battery compared to VTC5A,25R, 30Q & Tesiyi IMR. This was done for my own curiosity as I wanted to know what pr of batteries to take with me on a day out. So meaningless to anybody but me.
I Dont believe they are 3000mah but I have only the one pr of each and not a tester

Last edited:
Nice review. I was surprised to see no markings on the batteries. How will they know batches if things go wrong

Thanks for reviewing, will remove my comments if inappropriate

I wrote down how many puffs per batteries in a dual regulated mod vaping at 40w a few weeks ago & found them to be a mid range battery compared to VTC5A,25R, 30Q & Tesiyi IMR. This was done for my own curiosity as I wanted to know what pr of batteries to take with me on a day out. So meaningless to anybody but me.
I Dont believe they are 3000mah but I have only the one pr of each and not a tester
This review was just imo and they was used like any other battery, im NOT a battery tester i'm just a vaper who has given his thoughts ...

This review was just imo and they was used like any other battery, im NOT a battery tester i'm just a vaper who has given his thoughts ...
Same here
I had/ have no intention of hijacking your post. I find all of it valid .

Back
Top Bottom