What's new

Cotton Candy Collection Review

SpaceInvapers

Postman
So, we've just recently got Cotton Candy Collection in stock. We've been selling Cotton Bacon V2 pretty much exclusively (apart from Muji pads) and whilst it's fairly decent cotton, holds a fair amount of juice and gets decent flavour, I've always felt like there's better stuff out there.

A friend of mine runs a small distro and recently got in a really nice looking range of cotton from the states, seems to be getting good reviews so I thought "why not..." and ordered a load of it!

479e3223-6cf1-4ce3-ad63-f35470738a3f.jpg

Cotton Candy Collection information: "Contains - NO Pesticides NO Herbicides NO Fertilizers NO Insecticides NO Hydrogen Peroxide

Non-Transgenic seeds (NOT Genetically modified). The unique, Eco-friendly and re-usable container contains .30 oz. of organic cotton, and the pouches contain 0.20 oz."

I've had a good few days to use it now, as have the staff in the shop, and the general consensus is... it's good! It blows Cotton Bacon out of the water in my opinion. Let me explain why.

Working with it: There's not really much I can say on this one... it's cotton, after all. It's nice and easy to work with, seems to compact and expand well, the fibres are easy to fluff out, etc. It's also very easy to tear, shape, and form wicks by hand and just feels nice to work with. Whilst I wouldn't say this is much different to Cotton Bacon, it still feels like a mild improvement.

Wicking: It definitely seems to hold more juice that CB. I've been wicking with Cotton Bacon for the last year and I can very easily tell when I may have put a bit too much juice on, or when it's starting to run dry, but Cotton Candy seems to beat CB on both. It definitely laps he juice up, and is MUCH more forgiving on the dreaded dry hits. I'll go into this a bit more in a second.

Flavour: The biggest improvement I can tell with Cotton Candy over Cotton Bacon is the flavour. Whilst Cotton Bacon doesn't particularly hold back on the flavour, I'm vaping some of my ADVs on the Cotton Candy and I'm getting new notes and experiences on it with flavours I've been vaping for months. I'd give Cotton Bacon 7/10 for flavour, but Cotton Candy gets a solid 9/10.

Burning: I vape at high wattages / temperatures, and use a wild variety of coils. I find fairly often with CB that the wick breaks up inside the coil, so when I pluck the cotton out for a rewick, it comes out in 2 pieces instead of 1, with the inside ends quite blackened. After going through several rewicks with Cotton Candy, I'm yet to experience this, even on a set of coils that have had the same happen to CB inside. Probably not the most common of experiences but something to bear in mind.

Dry Hits: Probably the most interesting this about Cotton Candy is the 'dry hit' experience. I know it's something none of us enjoy or aim for, it does happen, but with Cotton Bacon it seems to handle dry hits exceptionally well. I took a quick video of a staff member and a regular taking hits on it whilst it's very dry and, well, I'll let you see the results for yourselves:

All in all, very impressed with Cotton Candy. We've got a nice amount of it in stock and I can see it being my exclusively used cotton for some time... at least until something better comes along!

Disclaimer: We do not have a commercial interest in the distribution or manufacture of Cotton Candy or Cotton Bacon. We are simply resellers of the brands ( see Cotton Candy Collection / Cotton Bacon V2)

Last edited:
I'll add that this is very good cotton, I find you can put a very thin amount through a coil and when it absorbs the juice puffs out to be perfect size for the coil

I got some of this at Vape Fest and I'd agree it's far superior to CB. Whether it's as good as Shake and Vape or Fuzion it's too early to tell, but it's in the same class.

I have to disagree with you about breakage though. Twice now it has come apart inside the coil when I've gone to remove it, something that has never happened with the other two I use, and that was after only a couple of days use.

Back
Top Bottom