What's new

Review Black & Decker Dustbuster 7.2v

zouzounaki

Olympian
A while ago I picked up a Black & Decker Dustbuster 7.2v handheld vortex vacuum cleaner from Black & Decker. I mentioned it on a post on the forum in passing, and @SirLugg urged me to write up a review. Well, at that point I’d only had it a couple of weeks, so I held off until I’d really put this little device through it’s paces. I’ve always been disappointed with hand held vacuum cleaning devices in the past, their suction has always left a lot to be desired and I’ve found myself having to resort to the old manual brush and shovel. So let’s put it through it’s paces.

545DC5EB-C469-47E9-92BD-33503807F03E.jpeg

As you can see, it’s a nifty little device. The base part where the handle is has just enough heft to make it comfortable in the hand and perfectly balanced. Obviously all the technological wizardry is housed inside there as well.

Aesthetically, I really think it’s a rather nicely designed bit of kit, with a fetching metallic blue finish on the base and an “off-white” front piece, tasteful printed with the Black & Decker logo and product name.

As for the nozzle, it’s nicely shaped with a “slot” style end piece making it a great and easy fit for any dusty nooks and crannies that you might struggle to get your Dyson or hoover nozzle into, as you can see from the picture below.

8B3EFDC0-01A1-47E2-8133-4085EBB9C286.jpeg

This little beauty is volting out at 7.2v, which is plenty of power for getting in about all those manky corners that haven’t seen a duster in years.

So, how does it perform? I’ve found the suction surprisingly good for such a small and compact device. Obviously it’s no match for my big Dyson animal ball jobbie, but it’s not supposed to be. It’s a well designed, ergonomic, light weight little device that has been perfect for sucking up stray bits of cat litter, hair and toenail clippings, bread crumbs and the other assorted detritus that collects up in those forgotten corners of the house.

Battery life is very good, and it comes with it’s own plug in stand which charges the battery when not in use, and a blue led indicator lets you know that it’s working.

To conclude, I’ve very happy with this little guy. It’s much more rewarding to use than a brush and shovel, and can adapt to most situations where you might find yourself having a small pile of dry mess of some sort to contend with.

It’s all pros with this wee chap, I can’t think of a single con to list. I bought this with my own money from Amazon.co.uk for about £30 on special offer, and I would say it’s definitely worth the money. I would give it 9/10.

Superb review. Could it be used to empty a bath in an emergency?

The device - not the review.

As a member of the Union’s health & safety sub-committee I can’t recommend that to any of our members.

good choice but sadly only used a handfull of times and as weve just had double glazing fitted we needed as many vacs as i could find and the battery is only lasting around 10 minutes now even on a 8 hour charge.
wonder if it will take 18650's :D

Image2193459285608641965.jpg

Back
Top Bottom