What's new

Review 4 Flavourart Tobacco-ishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheersm8

Achiever
Hi Folks,
A quick review/opinion on four Flavourart Tobacco-ish Concentrates. All purchased for my own use and with my own money.
The Flavours - Golden Rollie, Cam Blend, Lone Rider, and Ozone.
All flavours mixed at 5% although recommended dilutions are lower, I like extra flavour.
These concentrates are STRONG so you will need to change your mindset a bit, especially if you have been used to 15 percenters!
Seeing as flavour is very much subjective, and,also, that I am pretty rubbish at describing flavours, The review is based on Flavour Strength, and nowt else, which, I hope, will help others reach a ball park dilution % when giving them a bash themselves.
1. Golden Rollie - 7 day steep - 18mg - 5% flavour - PG/VG 50/50 - Reputation has it as a very strong concentrate - It is!! Vapeable at 5%, enjoyable, but a little Full On. This one, I could tell, just by the feel of it, that the textbook 2%-4% is just about where it needs to be.
2. Cam Blend - One of Flavourarts 'blended' concentrates - 7 day steep - 18mg - 5% flavour - PG/VG 50/50 - Very full flavour at 5%, but just about right. Verging on a tiny tiny bit OTT @5% using sub ohm lung fillers. I will use 5% as my standard for this concentrate but, depending on personal taste, I reckon you could drop a bit from 5%, but not more!
3. Lone Rider - another 'blended' tobacco - 7day steep - 18mg - 5% - PG/VG 50/50 - OK flavour at 5% but needs more. A couple of percent more,will, I'm sure, bring the best out of it for me. Great, well rounded and balanced flavour, nothing else needed.

Next up, the Weird One saved til last, and the only one that I had a play around with because first dibbings got me intrigued.
4. Ozone - 7 day steep - 18mg - 5% flavour - PG/VG 50/50 - Great at 5%, but a complex flavour bundle, with lots of easter eggs hiding within the complex bundle. I had a dabble at 10% flavour with this one, and, it was still good, but as different from 5% as chalk and cheese. Conclusion for Ozone - 5% is a fair and very enjoyable standard, but tons of leeway to add extra flavour, bring out other qualities, without ruining the juice. Could well be useful as a great mixer for self concocted tobacco blends.

My overall view for the four - None are meanies when it comes to flavour, don't go over board. If you can be bothered, adjust flavour %'s for sub ohm cloud chasing as they easily become over powering if too much flavour is added. On a flavour scale, mixed at the 5% stated above, all were Full of flavour with Golden Rollie being the only one that I found too much at 5% and Lone Rider the only one that needed more.
As a 'standalone' Golden Rollie seems OK, but only OK. Don't get me wrong, for a tobacco-alike it's up there with the best of the off the shelf artificials, but I'm sure it would be even better when used as part of a personal blend.

Last edited:
Update - Another full day giving these four juices a good burn out
1. Golden Rollie - Much of a muchness, no better, or worse, than the Hangsen/Dekang generic Virginia styles, which should not been seen as a negative. It's high concentration makes it a very economical and quite vapeable Virginia style tobacco e-liquid.
2. Cam blend - Easily recognisable as a "Desert Ship" type, but, imo better and more satisfying than any of the other camel types that I've vaped over the years.
3. Lone Rider - I really love this one! The closest to smoking a real ciggie that I have ever tried in three years, and I've tried an awful lot of tobacco juices. What makes it so much like a fag? Definitely not the taste or aroma, it doesn't smell anything like tobacco and doesn't taste much like tobacco either. What it does do, however, is leave that unmistakeable "just had a fag" taste and feeling in the mouth and throat, you know the one, not a tobacco taste, but the taste that you only get after having a fag that only smokers know and non smokers may refer to as "ash tray breath". Nothing that you ever smoked tasted like the smell of baccy in a pouch of baccy did it? That aftertaste, together with vapour to equal the throat hit and exhale you got from your old stinkies makes it for me the only juice that justifies the name e-cig, because it's a fag, and it's electronic! Flavour chasers may find this juice a bit banal, but I recommend it to anybody that wants to feel like they've just had a cigarette.
4. Ozone - What can I say? Remember that run of "Hippy Shops" late 70's mid 80's? Well this is them! A musty old shop full of cheap ethnic leather goods, Patchouli oil, and josh sticks. Head shop deja vu, but definitely not unpleasant, and one I'll keep in stock as a regular to come back to now and again. When you vape this, you'll more than likely be thinking (or shouting) WTF!! but I bet you finish the tank full. I'm glad that I bought it.

Last edited:
Lube up, I expect a sore one incoming. 2014 thread my man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom