What's new

Review Pastry island - strawberry

I got this flavour from LilyRed in a giveaway it's usual cost is £1.99 for 30ml.
Upon getting this I had a sniff and to be honest it smells like sweet strawberry jam - mixed it into a 20mg 50/50 mix with 15% flavour and I've gotta say it's really good sweet but not overly no chemical like taste more like a mix of fresh strawberries and sweet jam didn't need to add any stevia as it's sweet enough I would definitely buy this in future
I've currently got a batch steeping mixed with other fruits at 50/50 so I'll let you know how that goes.

This review is of a liquid I was given but reflects my true opinion and in no way reflects the view of the vendor or any other member of POTV.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/141012294693

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

By spooky coincidence, I'd just charged up my dripper with a sampler I made from P.I. Wild Strawberry, moments before I spotted this thread. Is this the same stuff?

Incredibly deeply coloured, this wild strawberry. Judging by the colour produced when I rinsed the last drop out of a syringe I used when I made up the sampler, I imagine a 30ml bottle would turn an entire swimming pool a rather fetching shade of pink.

Ive been using it for quite a few months and have tried other strawberry concentrates. Its a good concentrate IMHO. 20% strawberry, 2% sweetener, 1% EM and 1% sour. Vapes lovely.
I got the blackberry from LilyRed and mixed it up today. I'll let it steep and give it a go next week. I'm hopeful I'll be as nice as the strawberry and black current from Pastry Island.

Sent from somewhere in cloudy Kent

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to mix mine as a single flavour mix yet @Ninjaassasin, I do like the sound of a strawberry jam type flavour :)

I did however use it in a pink champagne mix trial, 20% overall flavouring added, comprising of 50% champagne flavour (FF) and 25% each of strawberry and raspberry (PI) plus 3% additives, comprising approx 60% malic acid and 40% sweetener (sucralose) - it's nice but the champagne is the dominant flavour whereas I wanted the fruits to come out more so I'll rework the %s at the next mix and add a wee bit more malic acid too - maybe take it up to 4% additives so I can rejig the percentages more easily. It needs about 3-5 days to steep.

It might be nice with a drop of vodka added, but we've only got gin in the house and I'm not sure whether that might take the flavours off somewhere I don't want - no harm in trying on a 2ml mix I suppose.

I got the Peach from LilyRed in the giveaway,made up a 10 ml bottle of 50/50 & its still steeping as the last sniff of the contents made me sneeze.It reminded me of being a youngster sat in my bedroom assembling my plastic Airfix kit,the juice smelled just like the Airfix glue.I hope it improves a huge amount with steeping,particularly the smell.

Hmm, there were a couple I got recently that smelled acetone-y (not necessarily all from Pastry Island - can't remember which ones offhand): I've not tried the peach yet, I'll have to do a wee tester tomorrow.

Hi all I've bought some ejuice off uncutgriffin from eBay and whilst looking through their purchases I noticed they have bought this concentrate and must be using it in their ejuices. Cause I'm a newbie can you let me know if i can use these concentrates without thinning them,so could I use these PI concentrates as a % in a pre 70pg/30vg + nicotine batch to flavour it thanks all

Hi all I've bought some ejuice off uncutgriffin from eBay and whilst looking through their purchases I noticed they have bought this concentrate and must be using it in their ejuices. Cause I'm a newbie can you let me know if i can use these concentrates without thinning them,so could I use these PI concentrates as a % in a pre 70pg/30vg + nicotine batch to flavour it thanks all

Yes you can. Mix around 20% flavour with vg pg nic.

Sent from somewhere in cloudy Kent

Back
Top Bottom