What's new

Review Pastry Island - Blackberry

RicModMaker

Vendor
I've been using Pastry Island concentrates for a while and thought they were my dirty secret until @LilyRed did a draw for some concentrates and I added my name to the list. A couple of days later, I was in possession of the Blackberry which I had never tried and a lovely little bar of chocolate which was very nice. Thanks Kate.

I've pretty much tried all of these concentrates now and this Blackberry was as good as the other PG based concentrates in their range. So I mixed up my usual fruit percentages and gave it a whizz with the milk frother and left it for a while.

20% Blackberry
2% Sweetener
1% Ethyl Maltol
1% Sour
50/50 mix
Nic

I loaded up my dripper with some new cotton and gave it a try.
In the style of some poncy food critic: "Im taken back to an autumnal afternoon picking blackberries by the river with the children!" ;)

This juice stacks up nicely, delivers on flavour and fragrance and I'm very happy to add it to my list of favourite vapes.

In regards to Pastry Island concentrates, I have found that all of the PG based ones are really good. There are a few that are alcohol or water based and to be honest, these make the TH a bit harsher, which isn't to my linking so I'm going to try upping the VG content of mixes using these to see if this is reduced a bit.

The price is amazing at only £1.99 for 30ml and a one off postage payment of £0.99 for as many bottles as you like which make some other vendors look very pricey. Sure some might say they are a bit weaker than some other well known concentrates but in my opinion, this isn't a problem and if they are, it's marginal and still amazing value.

I'll certainly be buying more from them.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141012294693

:)

Last edited:
I'm going to buy some concentrate from Pastry Island Seedy I usually do a 70pg/30vg+nic then do I add the 20% Pastry Island concentrate or add it in the ejuice calculation ?,cheers I fell upon them when I bought some ejuice from eBay and looked through their feedback on what they bought

Last edited:
I use the ejuicemeup program so the calculations are 100% right.
You've got to remember that the concentrate is pg and your nic could be either.
I'd download it and put the numbers in so it comes out exactly right.

I prefer 50/50 personally but it's down to your taste.

Thanks Seedy :) Love the description!

I've been meaning to have a mixing day this week, but not had a chance yet - tomorrow maybe, fingers crossed; I'll finally make up single flavour juice testers. I get too tempted by thinking up flavour mixes, and forget what I should be doing :D

I did get the sour cherry, which is alcohol based, so I think maybe I'll use that as an additive rather than a flavour in it's own right - it has a very strong marzipan type smell from a sniff test, so I think even if used as a single flavour I'd not need anywhere near as much as the normal 20% - I do think it might work well in a bakewell or frangipane cake type mix though (must stop thinking along these lines as I get derailed so easily ... :diy:

Thanks @Seedy :) Love the description!

I've been meaning to have a mixing day this week, but not had a chance yet - tomorrow maybe, fingers crossed; I'll finally make up single flavour juice testers. I get too tempted by thinking up flavour mixes, and forget what I should be doing :D

I did get the sour cherry, which is alcohol based, so I think maybe I'll use that as an additive rather than a flavour in it's own right - it has a very strong marzipan type smell from a sniff test, so I think even if used as a single flavour I'd not need anywhere near as much as the normal 20% - I do think it might work well in a bakewell or frangipane cake type mix though (must stop thinking along these lines as I get derailed so easily ... :diy:

I've found that the TH can be a bit harsher with no PG concentrates so it might be worth considering adding a little more VG. The taste is there but the TH is a little harsh for my velvety pallette ;)

Back
Top Bottom