What's new

Review Gold Standard Elderflower Concenrtate - TW

cheersm8

Achiever
Hi folks,
Review of an Elderflower concentrate "Gold Standard Elderflower" from Totally Wicked, purchased for my own use and with my own money.

An earlier thread on the forum nudged me into buying this particular flavour concentrate to have a dabble with. In a previous life I hade made, and enjoyed, elderflower wine
and elderflower/berry champagne jelly, so? Using elderflower as an e-liquid has to be worth a shot doesn't it?
Hmmmm, maybe!

First off, and this applies to all of the recipe variations that I've tried so far, it's a very realistic elderflower flavour, as those who know the smell of elderflowers will agree, that unmistakeable
(evocative?) bushwhacked hedgerow, strong, heady, perfume, and a reminder of cats pee. (obviously not as nasty as that sounds)
A unique, and somewhat, acquired, taste, that does not appeal to all.

So far, I've only tried three Elderflower combos, so this should probably be considered as a preliminary review.

1st one I tried was a straight elderflower mix at 10% concentrate 18mg nic 50/50. Result- Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! gulp, choke, sick burps! Way too strong and perfumey, not pleasant at all, but even through the nastiness, it showed potential.

2nd mix - 1% flavourart Golden Rollie, 5% elderflower, 18mg nic, 50/50. Result - Hmmmmm? so so. This was vapable and I did get through my 10ml sample. Still a bit over strong for me, and the tobacco addition achieved nothing.

3rd mix - 1% elderflower 9% Rhubarb, 18mg nic, 50/50 - Result - Cracked it! The two flavours match very well, tart and sharp from the rhubarb, with the hedgerow perfume of the elderflower sitting nicely in the background.

Whilst elderflower will never become the next Custard, imo, it's a unique flavour that could be very useful to those adventurous enough to experiment. IMO it's not a 'must have' flavour and if you don't try it, your not really missing out. I don't think it's a very good tobacco mixer, but, when used sparingly, with the rhubarb, it shone! So could also mix well with other of our native fruits as long as you don't add too much.
It's difficult to describe just how much the elderflower perfumey-ness takes control, almost to the point that just waving the bottle near another juice will impart flavour!
It's not a flavour that I will be using on it's own again.

Elderflower users beware! This flavour is an absolute arse to remove from your devices! A million times worse than any Menthol as far as flavour retention goes!
No point just changing the cotton. or washing/dry burning your silica when you want to change flavours, it's an entire soak and hot water wash of tank or dripper, then a new coil and wick, otherwise you'll only be vaping elderflower again!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom