POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Review Capella - Sucralose Sweetener

Discussion in 'Additives' started by davrog, Aug 12, 2015.

1. davrog

davrog Achiever

I bought this sweetener from Vapable, for £2.25. It arrived the next day, so great service.

The advice on the Vapable website is that they recommend adding 2-3 drops per 30ml as it's a pretty powerful sweetener.

That is certainly the case!

It's a very natural tasting, sugar-style sweetener. Not at all unpleasant. It's made from the natural sugars that are extracted from citrus fruits.

So how does it taste? ...... well, as I said it's a very pleasant natural taste, when used at the suggested level - my one observation though is that it doesn't really taste like it actually sweetens the core flavour itself; it tastes more like a "tagged on" sweetness. So if you add it as I did for example, to a DIY Strawberry & Cream juice, the Strawberry & Cream element doesn't really change - it's just that there's an extra, 'tagged on' sweet flavour.

- whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, is up to you.

:)

2. Riptide
  3. sparky67

sparky67 Postman

Hi why do you add the sweetener in the first I've heard of it but never tried it

4. elliotj

elliotj Initiate

I use it a quite a bit, normally only1 drop per 50ml. My little bottle will last well over a year I think.

5. Vampire Blood
  6. bigbluenose

bigbluenose Postman

Can add a depth of sweetness to your juice, if used sparingly.
    I have noticed that many premium brands, especially US based, are very sweet.
    My only advice is to go slowly!

7. bellyman

bellyman Moderator Staff Member

Its a coil gunker.

8. davrog

davrog Achiever

I guess you add it, if you have a sweet tooth, and want to sweeten your DIY juice. Certainly that's what I use it for. :)

At higher amounts, yes, it can be. Doesn't worry me in the slightest; I build my own coils and enjoy building them, so if a coil get's prematurely gunked, it's just out with it, and in with a new one. I might not use it in pricier pre-made coils though.