What's new

Review Snake Oil by TMax

Is it okay to add my review in to an existing thread? It seems sensible, but please feel free to move it if not.

*This review reflects my personal opinions and not those of this website, Planet of the Vapes, or the vendor. I either bought the product or received it as a free sample*

This was a free 5ml sample from the very obliging Simon (sorry, Tmax, I didn't mean to forget to review). Obviously a free sample is outstanding customer service, and it came wrapped with a fizzy snake sweet, which I thought was a charming touch that made the customer service feel personal.

I really wanted to love this juice, as I've seen so many rave reviews, and it sounded like just the sort of complex/nuanced blend that rings all my bells. Unfortunately, I was underwhelmed. It reminded me somewhat of Lemsip, which to be fair might have meant I didn't give it a fair shake, as I can't stand the stuff. I'd intended to leave it to steep and give it another try, but passed the remainder on when one of Snake Oil's many devotees had run out and was jonesing ;)

I will more than likely give this another try in the future when I'm looking specifically at citrussy flavours, as I'm reliably informed that steeping will add to the the complexity and depth of the flavour.

KulrMeStoopid, knock it down a couple of watts from your usual and close the air up if you can, It's all coming back to me now, It is a pretty vibrant flavour, not so much sashaying over your palate as doing the Riverdance on it...

Is it okay to add my review in to an existing thread? It seems sensible, but please feel free to move it if not.

*This review reflects my personal opinions and not those of this website, Planet of the Vapes, or the vendor. I either bought the product or received it as a free sample*

This was a free 5ml sample from the very obliging Simon (sorry, @Tmax, I didn't mean to forget to review). Obviously a free sample is outstanding customer service, and it came wrapped with a fizzy snake sweet, which I thought was a charming touch that made the customer service feel personal.

I really wanted to love this juice, as I've seen so many rave reviews, and it sounded like just the sort of complex/nuanced blend that rings all my bells. Unfortunately, I was underwhelmed. It reminded me somewhat of Lemsip, which to be fair might have meant I didn't give it a fair shake, as I can't stand the stuff. I'd intended to leave it to steep and give it another try, but passed the remainder on when one of Snake Oil's many devotees had run out and was jonesing ;)

I will more than likely give this another try in the future when I'm looking specifically at citrussy flavours, as I'm reliably informed that steeping will add to the the complexity and depth of the flavour.

Oh, Tmaxs service is great and this is a truly inspired flavour but as with all things a few of us just won't get on with it as well as others...

@KulrMeStoopid, knock it down a couple of watts from your usual and close the air up if you can, It's all coming back to me now, It is a pretty vibrant flavour, not so much sashaying over your palate as doing the Riverdance on it...

it was on my nermy mech... with a 1.8 ohm coil, I tried everything in the fogger, 306 dripper, cleaned the IGO. I've actually had to stop vaping now. Remember on a night out and youd smoke all night and then when ya woke up in the morning? Thats what I have right now. Not pleasent.

Oooh OK, hope you feel better in a while, I did turn mine down and it made the flavour A little more subtle but still not enjoying it like I first did...

Tubbyengineer Oh, for sure - it's obviously a quality juice and I couldn't possibly fault the customer service if I tried. Just "not for me", though as I said I'll likely give it another go at some point. Just too many flavours, too little time ;-)

Lemsip, yes! haha! I was thinking Lockets but I think Lemsip is even closer. I love Lemsip :D

I don't like Lockets as in the sweet but Snake Oil reminded me of that similar kind of flavour. But much, much nicer.

I do wish I'd asked for a sample now. :( It's not bad, not horrible but maybe more suited to menthol users. Maybe it will grow on me. Just to add to the above on the exhale its like a cool ice feeling.

I may sell the 50ml bottle.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app
Even though I have a 50ml bottle right next to me, I have room and a love for the stuff for another 50ml bottle if you do decide to sell :drool:

Back
Top Bottom