What's new

Paradisical Paraxu

steviebee

Achiever
Prompted and inspired by @eyeball kid's superb review, I thought I'd throw my scrambled eg..er..thoughts about Paraxu onto the screen. This 'review' is a scattershot collection of my impressions scribbled out in almost one gasp. If I could describe flavours as well as Eyeball, it would make more sense and I would be a better reviewer, but I can't, so read on at yore peril.... :)

For the first time, I actually made notes on each vape but my wife carried out one of her blitzes on my stuff and now I can't find em.
So..from memory (bear in mind, I'm old so not much left in that department - e&oe an' all that.)

I have to say - I'm a sucker for rose flavours and scents, so ZT had me right from the get-go with his question "Do you like Turkish Delight?"

My ears stood to attention better than Spock's.

Over several nights, I tried Paraxu in a variety of formats (as it were). Coils ranging from 0.40, 0.69 to 1.9, in the In'Sane, Pharoah Mini, and a Kayfun clone of indeterminate version. The Skyline @.65 approx was involved at some point: I tried it in other tanks, but without my notes, I fergits which....the peril of doing it over several evenings. Briefly tried dripping it in the Mirage/Petit Gros (just to see). Wattage (haven't got round to TC yet) varied between 10w up to (eek) over 30w....

My first impressions - using the In'Sane, were of a lovely soft rose petal and floral-almost inhale, wonderful mouth hit (seemed to be a mouth/tongue rather than throat effect) and a milder-version-of-Tamahaac rich tobacco-ey exhale, but less earthy, more refined. I wasn't turning over wonderfully rotten-sweet logs as with Tamahaac, but was digging in a organic, humus-rich soil in a flower bed full of Ena Harkness. Call me Earthworm Jim! I was in truth captivated by the rose, which simply infused the atmosphere and my grateful nostrils. I could live on a planet where Paraxu was the atmosphere. Glorious!
I really liked the exhale, but wished it had more of a rose cloak...even so, on first breaths, an utterly bewitching little potion this...

Changing tanks, coils and wattage brought more of the same with differing effects on the palette of flavours. All good to my palate! (see what i did there).Turning up the power certainly brought out the base Indigéne richness but subdued the rose - hmmm. The sweetness on the exhale intensified. A trade off it seemed. Want/need more rose. Drop it down again....Bear in mind, each change of power, coil etc still resulted in a very, very nice array of flavours - none were nasty or beyond the pale. The Pharoah Mini certainly intensified the inherent sweetness riding on top of the earthy body, but at the cost of the rose scent, waft and flavour to a degree greater than I wanted. No Pharoah for this, then. Needs a more MTL stylee

So of course (logical, moi) I tried a dripper: the Petit Gros/Mirage was delightful - I've only single coiled this, and it always gives a nice elegantly relaxed vape. Scented, the rose was subtle... a spritz rather than a full spray. It was like Paraxu-Lite, which I put down to the whirly airflow of the Mirage...it was nice. Not sure I'd drip this again tho. Flavour may be fuller in another RDA. But....to MTL or be lost!

The Kayfun clone (and lowest wattage, playing at 11-15w) was the last I tried, and this worked a treat - the rose perfumed garden was still wafting allover my tongue and nasal whatnots, the sweetness (of the grape) was more present throughout rather than just on the exhale, and the finish was elegantly-yet-richly Indigene. Yum-meeeee. My tongue purred.

I had occasion to be surprised sometime after my first meetings with Paraxu, when I saw a little unknown liquid (memory, see?) in the Skyline and fired it up: all my first impressions were not only enforced, but blimey - Paraxu had raised its' game. The rose was more uplifting if possible, and the grape more exquisite. All wrapped up in the delightful cocktail of sweet earthy tobacco.
I could in all truth, drink this...(don't try that at home kids.)

Even without the benefit (if you could call it that) of my scribbles made at each tasting - I can say that I will buy Paraxu in spades. I need this in my life. That glorious, sublime rose wafting all over, coupled with this intense nibbling sweetness at the edge, underpinned by that o-so-elegant rich earth....bloody hell...what a delight is this!

Congratulations to all at Indigene (Paul, you are a genius) - done it again! My goodnessgollymogs, what will come next?!

I can't wait to find out.

Last edited:
Prompted And inspired by @eyeball kid's superb review, I thought I'd throw my scrambled eg..er..thoughts about Paraxu onto the screen. This 'review' is a scattershot collection of my impressions scribbled out in almost one gasp. If I could describe flavours as well as Eyeball, it would make more sense and I would be a better reviewer, but I can't, so read on at yore peril.... :)

For The first time, I actually made notes on each vape but my wife carried out one of her blitzes on my stuff and now I can't find em.
So..from memory (bear in mind, I'm old so not much left in that department - e&oe an' all that.)

I have to say - I'm a sucker for rose flavours and scents.
So ZT had me right from the get-go with his question "Do you like Turkish Delight?"

My ears stood to attention better than Spock's.

Over several nights, I tried Paraxu in a variety of formats (as it were). Coils ranging from 0.40, 0.69 to 1.9, in the In'Sane, Pharoah Mini, and a Kayfun clone of indeterminate version. The Skyline @.65 approx was involved at some point: I tried it in other tanks, but without my notes, I fergits which....the peril of doing it over several evenings. Briefly tried dripping it in the Mirage/Petit Gros (just to see). Wattage (haven't got round to TC yet) varied between 10w up to (eek) over 30w....

My first impressions - using the In'Sane, were of a lovely soft rose petal and floral-almost inhale, wonderful mouth hit (seemed to be a mouth/tongue rather than throat effect) and a milder-version-of-Tamahaac rich tobacco-ey exhale, but less earthy, more refined. I wasn't turning over wonderfully rotten-sweet logs as with Tamahaac, but was digging in a organic, humus-rich soil in a flower bed full of Ena Harkness. Call me Earthworm Jim! I was in truth captivated by the rose, which simply infused the atmosphere and my grateful nostrils. I could live on a planet where Paraxu was the atmosphere. Glorious!
I really liked the exhale, but wished it had more of a rose cloak...even so, on first breaths, an utterly bewitching little potion this...

Changing tanks, coils and wattage brought more of the same with differing effects on the palette of flavours. All good to my palate! (see what i did there).Turning up the power certainly brought out the base Indigéne richness but subdued the rose - hmmm. The sweetness on the exhale intensified. A trade off it seemed. Want/need more rose. Drop it down again....Bear in mind, each change of power, coil etc still resulted in a very, very nice array of flavours - none were nasty or beyond the pale. The Pharoah Mini certainly intensified the inherent sweetness riding on top of the earthy body, but at the cost of the rose scent, waft and flavour to a degree greater than I wanted. No Pharoah for this, then. Needs a more MTL stylee

So of course (logical, moi) I tried a dripper: the Petit Gros/Mirage was delightful - I've only single coiled this, and it always gives a nice elegantly relaxed vape. Scented, the rose was subtle... a spritz rather than a full spray. It was like Paraxu-Lite, which I put down to the whirly airflow of the Mirage...it was nice. Not sure I'd drip this again tho. Flavour may be fuller in another RDA. But....to MTL or be lost!

The Kayfun clone (and lowest wattage, playing at 11-15w) was the last I tried, and this worked a treat - the rose perfumed garden was still wafting allover my tongue and nasal whatnots, the sweetness (of the grape) was more present throughout rather than just on the exhale, and the finish was elegantly-yet-richly Indigene. Yum-meeeee. My tongue purred.

I had occasion to be surprised sometime after my first meetings with Paraxu, when I saw a little unknown liquid (memory, see?) in the Skyline and fired it up: all my first impressions were not only enforced, but blimey - Paraxu had raised its' game. The rose was more uplifting if possible, and the grape more exquisite. All wrapped up in the delightful cocktail of sweet earthy tobacco.
I could in all truth, drink this...(don't try that at home kids.)

Even without the benefit (if you could call it that) of my scribbles made at each tasting - I can say that I will buy Paraxu in spades. I need this in my life. That glorious, sublime rose wafting all over, coupled with this intense nibbling sweetness at the edge, underpinned by that o-so-elegant rich earth....bloody hell...what a delight is this!

Congratulations to all at Indigene (Paul, you are a genius) - done it again! My goodnessgollymogs, what will come next?!

I can't wait to find out.
Fantastic work mate. Really spot on. With the nectar I use for flavour tasting the rose elements where stronger for sure but however I vaped it it came together beautifully.
Top notch review.

Back
Top Bottom