What's new

Review Finally, The dinner lady tuck shop range.

eyeball kid

Legend
Well, apologies all for the delay in me and my tasting partner in crime mrdj's review of these juices.
(This review is entirely my thoughts and do not represent that of POTV, blah blah... You get it)
We where supposed to get these juices first but due to a few issue's things took a little longer than expected.
No biggie they've arrived and wow... what an arrival.
Nobody does packaging like dinner lady. They really do put in the extra effort and then some.

unnamed.png
Everything about these are fantastic. The new chubby bottles with great safety lids. The design and link into the dinner lady nostalgia theme. Nice.
I also like that these are sweet based flavours but don't scoop to the level of imitating old logo 's and they look all the better for it.
10/10 for presentation.
Now I will join mrdj in tasting them.
Before I start I will state that I'm a huge fan of dinner lady's tobacco juices and love me some lemon tart but to be honest, these flavours really aren't in my comfort zone.
I won't dig to far into the advertising gumpf. Mrdj has already covered that.
I will say these came as short fill with the nic shots included which blended easily and tasted perfect.

1, watermelon slices.
The first thing to remember is that these are not based around the fruits represented but the sweetie version's we remember as kids and boy they got this spot on. What can I say, it tastes like I'm vaping a sweet. Mrs kid loved this one. I thought it was mighty tasty too. Not as insanely sweet as some but still sweet.

2, Apple sours
This was my second favourite. Again it's spot on to the sweet but is reasonably low in sweetener.

3, Lemon sherbet.
My favourite flavour. Not to rattle on but it tastes of lemon sherbet. (I've one issue with these and I will address that later) sweeeet too.

4, Trouble gum.
This is just like the gumball you used to get at the bottom of a screwball ice cream. Really good and one I'd revisit. Oh yeah sweeeeet.

5, Sweet fusion.
No. No no no.
Tastes like summer squash. Not for me.

These are all great quality juices, just as we've come to expect from dinner lady. If you like the original sweets these where based on then your going to love these. Simple as that.
My issue is I grew up in the age of real sugar. These being as sweet as they are (and should be) means that there's artificial sweeteners used which is a good thing as a lot of US and Malay juice uses real sugar in the form of corn syrup. But sadly. I can taste the sweetener. Not so much in the apple and melon but very much in the rest. That's just me.
It's great to see a UK juice company doing so well and dinner lady have always been fantastic at keeping in touch with us here.
They are great juices and deserve to do well.

The lovely guy's and girls at dinner lady are going to run a giveaway soon so I will keep you updated.
I will also be sending out some of the goodies they kindly sent me randomly.
Tuck in to the tuck shop folks.
WP_20181009_13_24_39_Pro.jpg

Great review Mr Kid. Liking the lemon a bit more last night so will give the apple another go tonight.

Cracking review, i vape loads of sherbet lemon vapes but still have not found one that is a bang on perfect match for the real thing (that's not saying I don't like the ones I have tried) so will definitely give this one a try!

I'm gonna give dinner lady a shout again today as they've got a big giveaway pack for POTV but they've forgotten I think, lol.
Will update later.

Back
Top Bottom