What's new

Colonel Boom Bang Bang juice line

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Alright guys we are back again. This time we have a mammoth juice review. So buckle up and enjoy the ride.

These juices were sent out for the purpose of this review. So a big thanks to Leigh and the gang @Colonelboom. I will apologise as I planned to have this review done by now but personal life comes first. All the opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's. And as always taste is subjective.

Today's review set up is a rx DNA 200 with the mesh pro rda with ni80 mesh coming in at 0.15ohm

So we have the bang bang juice range to look at. These are TPD compliant 10ml bottles which came in a box of 30ml of each flavour. They are 60vg40pg and are 3mg nic. I suppose you could say this is the flag ship range from Colonel Boom.
They are priced at £11.69 per 30ml pack.

Right we best get on with this.

Coup D'Etat.

The finger test.

Straight away you get the sharpness of the grapefruit then the sweet and juicyness of the papaya and Dragonfruit.

Let's vape.

I will point out that I don't like grapefruit and have never eaten a papaya to my knowledge. But this trio of flavours is nice. The papaya really takes the edge of the grapefruit but it still has a really nice citrus kick to it.

Sam's super saucy scale

I'm giving this a solid 8/10

A great combo of flavours which leave your mouth watering for more.

Rewick for the next juice.

Comino.

The finger taste.

I love any blue rasp juice. Nice raspberry flavour with a little cheeky hint of Apple. Also not brain freeze cold either.

Let's vape.

Ok any juice companies reading this please take note. The cooling effect should be an enhancement to the flavour NOT dominate it. Leigh has got this spot on. I really like the hint of Apple it just finishes off the blue raspberry just right.

Sam's super saucy scale

This is a 9.5/10

They have taken one of my favourite flavours and made it better.

Rewick time again.

By Jove.

The finger taste

A really nice rhubarb with cream and a subtle hint of cooling.

Let's vape.

The name of this juice brought back some memories. I had a older relative that used to say By Jove all the time. Close your eyes and have a vape it tastes like real rhubarb along with a nice cream. It is slightly sweetened but not a coil killer.

Sam's super saucy scale

I'm giving this a 8/10

This is a flavour I'm surprised by. Great taste and very morish.

Another rewick

Ceasefire.

The finger taste

Another fruit mix. Nice strawberry with some apple and a touch of kiwi.

Let's have a toot.

I'm picking up on the Apple but to me the strawberry and kiwi sort of blend together. Which is a shame. I've tried this juice in a couple of tanks and rdas with different coils and wattage but with the same results.

Sam's super saucy scale

I'm giving this a 6/10

Far from being un-vapable but I'm only getting the Apple with the others blending into the back round.

Rewick time and a cup of tea.

LT Ripley.

The finger taste

A really nice and creamy vanilla ice cream with raspberries.

Let's have a vape.

This is a great combo. The vanilla ice cream is one of the best I have ever had if not the best. It is super creamy. And the sweetness of the raspberries just make this work on so many levels.

Sam's super saucy scale

This is a 9.3/10

As I've said it's one of the best ice cream flavours I've had. Not a desert flavour vaper but this is very nice.

Another rewick and open the window so I can see.

Headshot.

Never had a mojito before so not sure what it should taste like. But the peppermint and the lime with the menthol reminds me of a cough sweet.

Let's vape.

Such a mix of flavours that go so well together. with the mint and the menthol it certainly opens up the airways. And the lime and mojito flavours too. This would of been a juice I would of walked past but it's a winner.

Sam's super saucy scale

I'm giving this a 9.85/10

This surprised the pants off me. The menthol and mint work great together along with the limes.

Another rewick and a tin of juice.

Maharajah.

The finger taste

A lot of mango juices I've had previously have been very synthetic/chemical tasting. But this one isn't. It tastes just like mango juice out the carton. And a nice yoghurt flavour.

Let's vape

I've had yoghurt flavours before and I loved them. On the Vape the mango has mellowed out a touch which allows the yoghurt to come through more. It's a super creamy fruity vape.

Sam's super saucy scale

This is a 9.9/10

A real tasting mango and a delicious yoghurt mixed to perfection. A must try for everyone.

Final rewick

Silver Fox.

The finger taste.

It's a tobacco flavour juice and in my experience they never taste right on the finger test so we are gonna skip this bit.

Let's vape.

I'm not sure how this creation came to life. But I'm sure it went something like this. I can just see Leigh sitting round a table trying tobacco juices but he realises something is missing. So he summons one of his minions and instructs him to add a hint of menthol along with some apple. The minions looks at him to see if he is high or not but does as he is asked and he comes back with a tobacco juice that I could easily vape all day. I'm not a huge fan of tobacco flavours as everyone I've tried before tasted nothing like it should. But the Apple just does some thing magical to the tobacco to create a really nice juice. All finished off with a hint of menthol.

Sam's super saucy scale

I'm giving this a 8/10

As I've said some magic happens and you get a nice tobacco with some apple and a hint of menthol.

20180816_205917.jpg

My lenses and tripod came for my phone today so here's a picture.

Here is the link if you want to check them out yourself.

https://www.colonelboom.co.uk

Just to be transparent on how I do a review of multiple juices. This review took me around 3 hours to do. I have vaped all the flavours before I started the review. Then while doing the review when I do the finger taste I do it as I write the review. And when I say let's vape I am vaping it again to refresh myself on the flavours. And when we say rewick time I do actually rewick. One of the reasons I use the mesh rda as it's quick and easy to rewick.

Thanks for reading my reviews guys. I hope it helps you decide if a juice is for you. But please remember this is just the ramblings of your average vaper and of course taste is subjective.

Last edited:
Great review again. Lots of effort gone into this . Can I suggest that you put the name of the Juice reviewed in a colour as a header so that we viewers can see the juices we are interested in, and have a quick go to bit of your reviews.

Great review again. Lots of effort gone into this . Can I suggest that you put the name of the Juice reviewed in a colour as a header so that we viewers can see the juices we are interested in, and have a quick go to bit of your reviews.

How's that mate.

Nailed it. That is much better Im sure everyone else will find there way around much quicker. :2thumbsup:

I was supposed to underline the juice names but I forgot lol. I'm still fairly new to this so hopefully things will keep improving over time

Thanks for the review Sam! Great to see another write up from you.

For the Ceasefire, give it a go on a cotton atty and see if the other flavours are more apparent as usually it's the green apple that is slightly more prominent than the other two flavours. The kiwi shouldn't be a standout flavour anyway as it plays a supporting role between the strawberry and apples.

Also, the brand name in the title (and link URL link) are mis-spelled so the link won't work - it goes to cononelboom not colonelboom :D

Good to see you picked up on our use of 'effect' ingredients for what they are too, cooling that isn't so strong it dominates, menthols kept at a level they are refreshing and not icy cold etc. Our take is that the flavours should always be the main focus in a juice and not the effects of additives :)

Top review again there Sam - captured a few flavours I like there so must have to add them to the list for the future to try!

Back
Top Bottom