What's new

Big Zero, Root Beer by Colonel Boom

Benjamin Bailey

Postman
So we shall start by saying I purchased this juice with my own monies and these are only my thoughts as we all know taste is subjective.

So this is Colonel Booms juice of the week until Thursday/Friday so only a few more days to get yours.

This is a limited run sold in both 50ml and 100ml shortfill bottles for you to top up with nice or base.

At a cost of £11.99 for 50ml or £19.98 for 100ml plus use POTV for a discount.

I've added one nicotine shot to make this up to 3mg strength.

The smell is just like cracking open a fresh cold can of root beer taste is recognisable to that of root beer too.

Now taste, I've loaded it up in the drop RDA running duel staple fused coils coming in around .16 at 64 watts.
First few toots you get what I can presume the Sarsparilla, followed by a very mild ginger (hardly noticeable finishing with aniseed, reminds me of the hard boiled aniseed twist sweets. But the aftertaste in the mouth has somewhat of a root beer flavour....

I was extremely unsure about what I was tasting especially as the aniseed at the end was so prominent and I could still taste it afterwards.

So I thought I'd give it a few days to let my coils bed in and the juice to settle after adding nicotine and see if there was any change in the taste.

Now I'm getting a more root beer type flavour the flavours seem to have blended together a bit more allowing the flavour it should be to come through, I will say I'm still getting the aniseed just not as prominent but can still taste it.

So final thoughts, I don't know I keep reaching for an odd toot now and then it kinda resembles root beer but it's just that niggle from the aniseed that makes me really unsure about it I think, I'd recommend anyone that likes root beer to give it a try I'd also suggest that anyone that likes aniseed or just those kind of vape's as you may be surprised.
It is a very good quality liquid and well blended.

If I was to rate this out of 10 I'd give it a good 6

https://www.colonelboom.co.uk/special-juice-of-the-week/big-zero-root-beer.htm

It's odd you are getting a lot of aniseed at the end, the amount in the juice is actually very small so shouldn't do much other than feel a little cooler.

0.16 is way lower than I'd usually coil up so I'll give that a try tomorrow and see if it makes a difference though.

Thanks for leaving a review :D

It could just be my extremely special taste buds, I normally find I taste juice different to everyone else or it could just be a flavour I'm more sensitive to tasting??

cheers mate .... thanks for your thoughts on this.

I don't know what I'm so tempted by it because I know I don't like root beer...... but for some unknown reason I think I might need to give it a go. :D

It could just be my extremely special taste buds, I normally find I taste juice different to everyone else or it could just be a flavour I'm more sensitive to tasting??

Im one of those weirdos to be fair, for years I couldn't vape custards because I taste something in the background or hazelnut.

In all truth, root beer is a mishmash of odd dominating flavours anyway and varies massively from brand to brand too.

This should taste more like A&W root beer as I think its the best one, anise should be in the background, wintergreen/mint right at the very back after the cool bit.

The main 'bite' and aftertaste should be sarsparilla though and the vanilla just blends it all really but adds a soft middle flavour.

actually I do know why I'm interested ..... I MTL 90% of the time but I do enjoy a DTL RDA occasionally and while I have a whole load of liquids I enjoy for MTL, I don't really have anything that I really enjoy for DTL ... I don't really like fruits creams sweets milkshakes and stuff, so I guess I'm just looking for a DTL liquid that's a little different from anything else and that I might like.

actually I do know why I'm interested ..... I MTL 90% of the time but I do enjoy a DTL RDA occasionally and while I have a whole load of liquids I enjoy for MTL, I don't really have anything that I really enjoy for DTL ... I don't really like fruits creams sweets milkshakes and stuff, so I guess I'm just looking for a DTL liquid that's a little different from anything else and that I might like.
Oh root beer is different alright :D

One of the things I love about it as a flavour is how confused people get by it, is it fruit? Is it a drink? Is it creamy? Why the fuck is it minty and reminds me of hospitals.. Why do I dislike it but more to the point why am I going back for more.

It's such an odd flavour that you usually end up on one side of the fence or the other - love or hate, no indifference.

I've had people come and try it that swear they don't like root beer, my Mrs doesn't like it as a drink but does like the juice because the lack of carbonation makes it less challenging on the taste buds.

I'd be interested to see what @ZT makes of his bottle too as he used to have the original ice cream float version.

Last edited:
I'm finding I can only taste strong flavours and it's driving me nuts trying to find something else I like! :(

I know I didn't like rootbeer as a kid, but ya never know.

Great review though @Benjamin Bailey :2thumbsup:

I’ve topped my bottle up with 10ml 48mg pg nic (which I think roughly gives me 8mg 60/40) and been using it in a Nautilus X. I know it’s not really designed for mtl but I’ve already got through a tank of it today, so it’s working!! All my other tanks have pretty much been ignored ... love Root Beer :2thumbsup:

I’m not getting a strong aniseed vibe, mainly the sarsaparilla and ginger? Perfect hot weather vape for me ... reminds me of my first holiday in Florida, where I first tasted the stuff, and couldn’t be without my daily fix :)

I’ve topped my bottle up with 10ml 48mg pg nic (which I think roughly gives me 8mg 60/40) and been using it in a Nautilus X. I know it’s not really designed for mtl but I’ve already got through a tank of it today, so it’s working!! All my other tanks have pretty much been ignored ... love Root Beer :2thumbsup:

I’m not getting a strong aniseed vibe, mainly the sarsaparilla and ginger? Perfect hot weather vape for me ... reminds me of my first holiday in Florida, where I first tasted the stuff, and couldn’t be without my daily fix :)
Lovely stuff!

They should be fine for mtl vaping in this weather, flavour wise there's plenty but in cold weather the viscosity of 70vg can be hit and miss.

I too get sarsparilla and a little minty kick at the back, I'm still waiting on @ZT letting me know too as he doesn't like prominent aniseed flavours (at all, I usually try and make him puke lol) so I wanted to know if he's getting aniseed or the sarsparilla.

As you say, it's a perfect summer flavour because it's refreshing and cooling. Glad you like it!

Back
Top Bottom