What's new

Wismec RX2 20700

Tazz

Legend
Hi all, I don't pretend to be a reviewer, cos I'm not.
But seeing as of late I've had my hands on some gear that is not good I thought id pass on my thoughts with one that really is good. I cant find any issues with the RX2 20700. None, nothing bugs me!
Its to put it simply, intelligently and solidly designed and made.
The screen is large and easy to read, no straining of the eyes, reaching for the glasses to make anything out, just a nice well laid out list of info. Its one of the most readable ones iv had too in bright light situations.
Its build shape makes it really what I call "table stable", you'd have to be clumsy to knock this thing over.
The fire button is big and partially wraps around the sides of the mod, no feeling for it or need to look, its just there, first grab.
It'll fit tanks up to 24 ml but bigger you'll get overhang.
On and off is the 5 click deal with the standard 3 clicks to go into options for TC etc. Making alterations whilst there is the standard fare of doing so using the adjustment bar/button below the screen. All easy and no need for me to explain.
I love the battery door, or should maybe say sled which is more fitting. Pull the tab on the mod base to open it and the " sled" slides down with the batteries in it. Just slide the batteries out to change them.
This thing is a 20700 mod but also has battery sleeves to use 18650's if you want. In fact ill probably not bother with 20700's and just use 18650's if/when the 20700's die.
As usual there is a usb charge port. I did notice a little warmth from the sides of the mod when I tried it with a 1 amp charger but none when I tried a 700mA one. It can use higher but I wouldn't. Mostly though I use a separate charger. Nothing else to add really, its a mod, not a spaceship or anything else, it does what its made to do very well without the need for bells and whistles or flashing disco lights. Not that those things are stupid, they can be fun. But simple is good too. All up a really nice, solid, well performing, well made simple mod. Id buy another of these no problem.
Here's some pics. And thanks to Heavens Gifts for the gift voucher I purchased this with a number of months ago.
Cheers.
wis crios.jpg

With the 20700's
WISMEC 2 A.jpg

With the 18650's in the sleeves.
wis batt.jpg

Mine gave up the ghost yesterday [emoji23] 9 days past the 6 month warrenty. Decent mod but just seemed to go all at once not reading batterys and a constant no atomiser warning from the start i coped with it for a few days and then it started auto firing so had to be put to the graveyard.
Same thing happened with my gen 3 within a day it autofired.

Mine gave up the ghost yesterday [emoji23] 9 days past the 6 month warrenty. Decent mod but just seemed to go all at once not reading batterys and a constant no atomiser warning from the start i coped with it for a few days and then it started auto firing so had to be put to the graveyard.
Same thing happened with my gen 3 within a day it autofired.
Thats a bummer. Have had Wismec RX 80s', broke one myself down some stairs but 2 others are still going great and are used weekly by the misses and myself for over a year. Had this for a couple of months and its been great. But you can get some crap that others never have issues with, that's true and does happen . Sorry to hear you had a bum ride with them. You should have a go at the warranty though just nine days after it ran out. Where i am, Aus, something failing that close the the warranty end is rarely refused as repair or replace. I would if I was you.

Back
Top Bottom