What's new

Review Wismec Reuleaux RX200S designed by JayBo

Various Reviews

Postman
I recently purchased this product from my local B&M shop here in Ithaca, NY, USA for 65$. Yes I know it is much cheaper online, however, I try to support my local vape shops as much as possible. If you are interested in purchasing this mod, here is the cheapest place I have found: https://www.elementvape.com/reuleaux-rx200-200w-tc-box-mod-by-wismec-x-jay-bo-designs

This is a triple cell series 200 watt mod originally, but can be upgraded to 250 watts with the latest firmware (v3.10) which also provides the new preheat option and also a custom logo. The mod is available is a few different colors such as silver/grey, black/red, white/black, black/blue, and cyan/black. I personally bought the black/blue.
IMG_20170620_091722_hdr.jpg
The mod uses a micro USB for firmware and it is not recommended to charge the external 18650 batteries this way, although you technically can, it is not good for the life of the batteries and may not properly charge to accurate voltages between the three. Which leads me to mention that one of it's safety features is to read the voltage of each battery and if one, two, or all three batteries is off in voltage over .3, then it will not fire and will notify you accordingly. It is recommended to use an external battery charger like a Nitecore D4 (review coming soon), which can be purchased the cheapest here:
https://www.zapals.com/nitecore-d4-...Tit3r86mSpof_1iwaHvSGBvS1ML9Q8u007xoCuX7w_wcB

This product I purchased came in a typical black box with the contents listed here:

• 1 Reuleaux RX200 TC Box Mod
  • 1 MicroUSB Charger
  • Instruction Manual
IMG_20170620_091514_hdr.jpg
IMG_20170620_091549_hdr.jpg

I have had a great experience with this mod so far (about 2 months), it has a great price point and does a great job for what I want it to do. The specifications are listed here:

Hardware:
- Dimensions - Lnth - 84mm Wdth - 50mm Dmtr - 40mm
- Made from an aluminum blend designed for lightweight and durability
- Stainless steel 510 threading
- Gold plated 510 connector pin
- Reverse polarity
- Triple external cell (18650) with magnetic back cover
- RX200S Chipset
- Vertical cell stack
- Micro USB port
- 18 vent holes (3 on both sides, 12 on bottom)
- 0.96" OLED screen (0.3mm x 1.8mm)

Software:
- Latest firmware (v3.10) (fully upgradeable)
- Variable Wattage (1w - 200w) (250w with v3.10)
- Temperature Control Mode (SS, Ti, Ni)
- Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (TCR Mode) with 3 memory modes

Features:
- Resistance Range - VW - 0.1 - 3.5 ohm, TC - 0.05 - 1.5 ohms
- Temperature Range - 100° - 315°C, 200° - 600°F
- Switchable battery level indicator (battery bar/battery percentage)
- TC Mode: resistance lock
- TC Mode: output mode, temperature power, voltage, and current display
- Stealth Mode

Safety:
- No atomizer indicator
- Atomizer short protection
- Temperature protection
- 10 second puff shutoff
- Weak battery indicator
- Battery imbalance (USB)

After using this mod for an extended period of time I've come to experience great things and also some not so great things. The pros and cons are listed here:

Pros:
- Amazing battery life
- Regulated series power
- Wattage freedom
- Ramp up time is extremely fast (even with your exotic coils)
- Aesthetically pleasing and fits great in the hand
- Not very heavy for the circumstances
- Relatively easy to understand and control
- TC mode is very accurate
- Very diverse selections, can pretty much do anything you want when it comes to vaping with this device
- Most RDAs and tanks fit very flush on top
-Very durable, I have dropped it a couple times on concrete and still works like nothing happened
- Cools down very quickly, even with low resistance coils, vent holes
- Batteries don't seem to get very stressed (warm) despite being a series mod
- Battery indicator selection is great to show percentage
- Custom logos and preheat mode

Cons:
- Magnetic back cover doesn't seem to completely close, it leaves a gap on both sides large enough to see the batteries (on mine anyways).
- 510 pin is very firm, very hard to push down compared to most mods

Subjective:
- Buttons aren't very clicky
- Aesthetics and shape may not suit some
- Feels/looks cheap

So in conclusion, as you can see I couldn't find too many cons or subjectives for this particular mod but those just may turn people away from it. Personally I really like this mod and all of its features. It lasts all day at high wattages, it hits hard, and it handles awesome coil builds. Also who doesn't want a custom logo? I recommend this mod to anyone who wants a high wattage device that is cheap, durable, relatively simple, and gets the job done outstandingly!

Thank you for reading my review on the Wismec Reuleaux RX200S designed by JayBo. If I left anything out or if there are any questions feel free to comment or message me.

MUCH LOVE AND VAPE ON!

VRBckgrnd.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom