What's new

Review Wismec Luxotic DF Squonk Kit

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Alright guys. We are back again with a hardware review.

This was sent out for the purpose of this review so thanks to Sophia over @Wismec for the chance to try this out. All opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So I introduce you to the Luxotic DF squonker

20181028_185241.jpg

First let's look at what you get in the box.

So in the box you get

The Luxotic DF mod
The Guillotine V2 Rda
1 spare squonk bottle and pipe
2 0.28ohm Clapton coils
Cotton
Spare drip tip
Usb cable
Bag of spares
And all the usual bit of paper no one looks at.

Guillotine V2 Rda

This is a dual post rda but the coils share the same hole on each post. The airflow is directed towards the coils so coil placement is gonna be important if you want to get the best out of it. I have my coils directly over where the airflow enters the Rda and I'm quite happy with the flavour. It comes fitted with the squonk pin but has a standard pin also included. It comes with a short stubby 810 drip tip (which i don't like) and it has a taller 810 drip tip included (Which I also don't like) so I've swapped to a drip tip I do prefer.

The Luxotic DF Mod

This is a dual 18650 200w regulated squonk mod. With a large fire button also with a large screen displaying all the info you need like the wattage, ohm, volt, puff counter and individual battery levels. The batteries and bottle go in via the battery door on the base of the mod (a bit more on that later). On the back of the mod you have your finger hole for the bottle. There is a removable cover that surrounds the bottle which is held on with magnets (also more on this later)

20181028_185131.jpg

3 clicks of the fire button and you can scroll through the power options, wattage, temp no, tcr.
5 clicks on and off
Hold +&- to lock the power
Hold fire button and - for stealth mode
Hold fire and + and you can turn the logo on and off.

So my thoughts and usage of the kit.

20181028_185015.jpg

So I coiled up the guillotine rda with the supplied coils with the pair coming out at 0.14 ohm. I've been using it around 70 watts with the airflow wide open and I'm getting a pretty good vape. So all in all I'm happy with the rda.

20181028_185109.jpg

So my thoughts on the mod . This is where things take a bit of a turn. The removable bottle cover rattles. I have found no way of picking it up and using the mod with out it making a noise. Which annoys me so much. I've had no leaking from the bottle. So let's move on to the next issue I have with this. When your bottle is empty you have to open the battery door to remove it. Which is all fine and well if your sat down but if your trying to do it while out and about beware of your batteries falling out. You can pull the bottle out from the back of the mod but it is a bit tricky putting it back in without getting juice all over the shop. Had the hole in the back been a bit bigger it would help and maybe make the rattle bearable. But it has been performing well. Comparing the size of the mod to the rx DNA 200 it is much the same but the DF is a bit shorter.

20181028_193354.jpg

Fix the rattle and sort out a better way to remove the bottle this would be a great mod. Battery life has been average for vaping at 70-80 watts

Let's look at some pros and cons.

Pros.

It's a well performing regulated squonk
Good flavour from the rda
Large easy to read screen

Cons

The rattle from the back cover needs sorted.
The way you have to open the battery door to remove the bottle is a pain in the ass.
Of set 510 so 24mm is the max you can fit without overhang.

20181028_185150.jpg

Price point for the mod is

$96.46-115

https://store.wismec.com/luxotic-df-box-with-guillotine-v2-kit.html

*disclaimer*

This is my review of the kit as I've used it. I am not entering the review comp that is running.

Nice review Sam. Confirmed all my thoughts on this mod. Nothing has been learnt since the Dripbox160 & the like were released.

Yep, solve the rattle, battery/bottle doors should be separate or implemented like the Rage & stop sticking 510's so close to the edge. Other than that not a lot wrong.

Nice bud. I've a review to stick up (along with most of the western world) but you've nailed it. The 24mm rda space is an improvement on the dripbox but that rattle is frustrating as hell.

Alright guys. We are back again with a hardware review.

This was sent out for the purpose of this review so thanks to Sophia over @Wismec for the chance to try this out. All opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So I introduce you to the Luxotic DF squonker

View attachment 176619

First let's look at what you get in the box.

So in the box you get

The Luxotic DF mod
The Guillotine V2 Rda
1 spare squonk bottle and pipe
2 0.28ohm Clapton coils
Cotton
Spare drip tip
Usb cable
Bag of spares
And all the usual bit of paper no one looks at.

Guillotine V2 Rda

This is a dual post rda but the coils share the same hole on each post. The airflow is directed towards the coils so coil placement is gonna be important if you want to get the best out of it. I have my coils directly over where the airflow enters the Rda and I'm quite happy with the flavour. It comes fitted with the squonk pin but has a standard pin also included. It comes with a short stubby 810 drip tip (which i don't like) and it has a taller 810 drip tip included (Which I also don't like) so I've swapped to a drip tip I do prefer.

The Luxotic DF Mod

This is a dual 18650 200w regulated squonk mod. With a large fire button also with a large screen displaying all the info you need like the wattage, ohm, volt, puff counter and individual battery levels. The batteries and bottle go in via the battery door on the base of the mod (a bit more on that later). On the back of the mod you have your finger hole for the bottle. There is a removable cover that surrounds the bottle which is held on with magnets (also more on this later)

View attachment 176622

3 clicks of the fire button and you can scroll through the power options, wattage, temp no, tcr.
5 clicks on and off
Hold +&- to lock the power
Hold fire button and - for stealth mode
Hold fire and + and you can turn the logo on and off.

So my thoughts and usage of the kit.

View attachment 176624

So I coiled up the guillotine rda with the supplied coils with the pair coming out at 0.14 ohm. I've been using it around 70 watts with the airflow wide open and I'm getting a pretty good vape. So all in all I'm happy with the rda.

View attachment 176623

So my thoughts on the mod . This is where things take a bit of a turn. The removable bottle cover rattles. I have found no way of picking it up and using the mod with out it making a noise. Which annoys me so much. I've had no leaking from the bottle. So let's move on to the next issue I have with this. When your bottle is empty you have to open the battery door to remove it. Which is all fine and well if your sat down but if your trying to do it while out and about beware of your batteries falling out. You can pull the bottle out from the back of the mod but it is a bit tricky putting it back in without getting juice all over the shop. Had the hole in the back been a bit bigger it would help and maybe make the rattle bearable. But it has been performing well. Comparing the size of the mod to the rx DNA 200 it is much the same but the DF is a bit shorter.

View attachment 176621

Fix the rattle and sort out a better way to remove the bottle this would be a great mod. Battery life has been average for vaping at 70-80 watts

Let's look at some pros and cons.

Pros.

It's a well performing regulated squonk
Good flavour from the rda
Large easy to read screen

Cons

The rattle from the back cover needs sorted.
The way you have to open the battery door to remove the bottle is a pain in the ass.
Of set 510 so 24mm is the max you can fit without overhang.

View attachment 176625

Price point for the mod is

$96.46-115

https://store.wismec.com/luxotic-df-box-with-guillotine-v2-kit.html

*disclaimer*

This is my review of the kit as I've used it. I am not entering the review comp that is running.
In my humble opinion the guillotine rda performs better with flavours in under coil airflow mode.
Clever design means you take the top drip tip section out and turn the barrel upside down to direct the airflow into the under coil inlets. The rda is excellent.

The offset max 24mm 510 isn't a huge issue for me as most of what I have is 24mm or less. So I can live with that. I mentioned it as it is something people like to know if they were thinking of buying it.

If they made the hole in the back a bit bigger so you could remove and fit the bottle it would solve the bottle filling issue. And fix the rattle then they may be onto a winner. But I think they just took a battery out and cut a hole with little thought. That is my opinion anyway but what do I know I'm just a guy who vapes.

Fuck me, it’s ugly, and that price point is ridiculous

It looks old :)

It’s a shame as I really wanted to like this and would have bought one as I still have two of the mk1 rx200 that I use for work, plus an rx300 and I had the dual battery one as well and all performed well.....but if your review is anything to go by, then this is getting a massive swerve

What’s the 510 like? Is it made of chocolate?

Fuck me, it’s ugly, and that price point is ridiculous

It looks old :)

It’s a shame as I really wanted to like this and would have bought one as I still have two of the mk1 rx200 that I use for work, plus an rx300 and I had the dual battery one as well and all performed well.....but if your review is anything to go by, then this is getting a massive swerve

What’s the 510 like? Is it made of chocolate?

Seems ok so far. No movement or anything.

Back
Top Bottom