What's new

Review Voopoo Drag 2 : - )

Michael jackson

Achiever
So as others before me I was lucky enough to win this new mod from Voopoo on a condition we would drop a review. The opinions in this review are my own and are true to how i feel.
family 3.jpg family 34.jpg

Right so first up thank you @VOOPOO for giving me the chance to review this kit. Since owning the Original Black Resin Drag from about Nov 17 it has been my go to regulated device and favourite (vapesmarter custom mods excluding) so this Drag 2 had a lot to live up to.

So lets dive in....

The Drag 2 has had a slight body design change to be more like the Voopoo too in the fact that the middle is actually wider than the sides and the 510 is more centrally located allowing for bigger tanks/drippers to be used.
It measures 88.3x51x26.5mm at its widest points allowing for a much bigger atty before any noticeable overhang.
My original Drag had overhang off the Drop and it sits loverly on here. The only thing is the raised 510. It didn't really bother me cos unless you look straight on like this I did not even notice.
drop overhang.jpg drop dripper.jpgmulti atty.jpg

This mod comes in 8 different colours
  • Island
  • Flame
  • Aurora
  • Scarlet
  • Fire Cloud
  • Puzzle
  • Dawn
  • Ink
  • colours.JPG

I gave been playing about with the FIT modes and they seem quite good, from what i believe the mod measures your coil and works out what it believes to be the best settings then gives you a reduced power to save battery life, a medium power for the flavour chasers and a high power for the cloud chuckers. Or if your like me back to the wattage mode.
mod laying.jpg

I used the UFORCE tank for about 5 days and its a good tank i suppose. I'm an RDA guy so not mega sure on tanks but it chucked some clouds and flavour was OK. Absolutely no signs of any leaking and filling was a doddle.
tank 2.jpg tank 4.jpg tank 5 drag.jpg

After the five days on went the Drop Dead and that's when this thing started to sing. Up went the power and on came the nice moist warm vape I like. This thing never missed a beat. It preforms just as amazing as the original drag but feels more comfy in the hand. Gone are the sharp box corners of the first model. The battery door has a little rattle but not enough to put me off.

Darn it forgot the fucking packaging lol.
box.jpg contents.jpg packaging 2.jpg

Packaging is your stylish simple packaging with your usual spares like orings and spare glass as the tank came with a bubble glass fitted so the normal straight one was in there. Instructions and warranty cards are there too.

The mod has all its usually safety features (5 clicks on and off and all that jazz) but voopoo have built on this by making their new FIT chip fireproof and water resistant.
security.JPG

Right some pros and cons.....

Pros
  • Finish and paint feel improved from the first mod
  • Accommodate up to 26mm attys
  • Improved battery life
  • Higher max wattage, up to 177W
  • Smaller and lighter than the originalg
  • Innovative GENE FIT chip with 3 FIT modes
  • Kit comes with UFORCE tank with matchy matchy drip tip
Cons
  • A little rattle on battery door (not a con for me but will be for others)
  • The grove cutout along the front annoyed me a little as that's where my finger naturally falls when firing and its a little sharp
All in all if you are a fan of the original you will absolutely love this mod. This has taken over as my daily beater regulated dripping mod. Would i go out and buy another if this broke? Absolutely for me this is the best mod of 2018

Nice review MJ. I see we all got the same colour! Didn't like the colour much at first but it's growing on me now.

I'm also getting used to the battery door rattle. It's not as annoying as it was at first.

Same here, was hoping for the camo one but this is growing on me. I don’t even notice the rattle now think I have learnt how to handle it without moving the door.

Back
Top Bottom