What's new

Vaptio Wallcrawler

Gitchy

Achiever
So, this is a freeshit review.

I was given a voucher in the recent Vaptio giveaway thread and picked this mod. The lovely Bear at Vaptio said he would send me the whole kit if I did a review. I was going to review it anyway so of course I said yes.

Now I have a history with Vaptio. My missus bought one of their P1 mods a couple of years ago as her first mod. After a week the coil burnt out and we couldn't get it off the tank so I took it to a vape shop and a lovely Aussie guy there managed to free the coil with pliers and a hammer, while totally screwing up the tank. At that time I knew nothing about vaping so insisted he sold me a tank that could take 0.2 resistance coils as that's what the manual said the mod could take. After he patiently explained ohms, resistances and wattage to me I still wanted a 0.2 ohm tank so he sold me a Nautilus mini and said to tell her to turn the wattage down. Two months later the 510 pin in the mod went and I bought her an ipower 80w, along with one for myself and there my vaping journey began. I spent the next year or so telling anyone who asked not to buy Vaptio as they're shit.

Fast forward to the start of this year when I saw a review on here of the Wallcrawler by Mr Tea Time on here. He made it look like they'd got their shit together so I've quite fancied one since.

Anyway onto the mod.
Vaptio1.jpg

It's an 7-80w single battery mod and has the usual presets of high, normal and soft. I'm using it on wattage mode as I'm not a TC user.

When I first took it out I noticed plastic, it looks like a very plasticy mod. Not an issue for me as it also feels really solid in the hand. It's very comfortable to hold as well. I personally like the design of it with the spiderman vibe. The fire button is a bar on the side that starts clicking nicely halfway up and it fires very quickly. No waiting about with this one. On high setting it's super fast and a bit too much for me and on soft it's not enough so normal is just right. It fires that well that I'm finding small plumes of vape come out when I turn it off, not great at work but fuck em.

Three clicks to get to the menus. Now here's a little issue. It's far too easy to get to the menus. I found if I was taking really fast pulls then I would be going into the menu and changing the preset to high. I'd then cough my lungs out as mine are shit and can't take that kind of punishment. I've also found that if I forget to lock the device it changes shit in my pocket and again I'm coughing like I've had ten fags in a row. I suppose I need to just not put it in my pocket unlocked.

The inferface is nice and intuitive. You have mode, settings and themes on the first screen. The modes are wattage, temperature control, bypass, CCW and CCT. The settings: system, smoking time, sleeping time, inner resistance and languge. There are 2 themes on it, the one you get when you first start it up and another that's a bit more spidermanny. I prefer the first one tbh.

Vaptio2.jpg

Using it has been good. I spent last night using the throne tank at around 50w and while that drains the battery quite quickly it's not that bad. I got the whole night out of it and still had a little battery power left when I went to bed. When I got up I was pleased to find the tank had not pissed all over the mod and that it still vaped well without spitting or needing to 'warm up'.

Now I've switched batteries and popped my Serpent SMM on for daytime use. I use it at 27w and have been at it since about half 6 this morning. At the moment the battery's still at 3 bars so I'm calling that a score.

Now the tank.

It came with the throne tank which has a couple of features to it I've not seen before on stock coils. The tank is quite heavy. It just feels solid and I was not expecting that with the plastic look of the mod. Even if it was a shit tank I'd like it a little just for that.

Firstly the coil slots into a chimney for easy coil replacement. There's no screwing with these coils, you just pop them in. This could be an issue if the coils really screw up but I'm liking it for now. The tank also has a juice flow control. It seems to close when you open it to fill which is nice and stops the need to close the airflow all the time. I always forget to open the airflow up again so it speaks to my laziness and saves me again from coughs.

The tanks has also come with 2 coils. The pre-installed one is 0.25ohms (actually reading 0.3 on the device) and another spare that's 1.2ohm. I've only been using the 0.25 and with the airflow on the tank I can't imagine the MTL coil will be a great MTL, unless the coil itself restricts the airflow as well. I'll have to come back to that at a later time.

So in conclusion I like the wallcrawler mod. It's got good battery life, fast firing and I like the way it looks. Although I don't really use stock coils I quite like the tank as well. I can't see me using it too often but I will use it and that's better than some in my drawer of non use at home.

Cheers mate. Was interested in reading about this mod. Nice review!

Back
Top Bottom