What's new

Review Vaptio N1 pro 240w

MrTeaTime

Legend
C6A040B9-E605-406C-945A-7EA82CE4EEBC.jpeg
B6825052-D5A6-4AAF-A4FE-1381ED4417AC.jpeg
84948A17-212B-410A-B814-512FF0622ED2.jpeg
BEB34277-E025-4E95-9214-18AB6BFD962F.jpeg
Many thanks are due to @Vaptio for sending this along for review....

Now I’ve had this mod for nearly 4 weeks now, so I feel that I’ve gotten to know “Dave” quite well :)

There a few really good reviews of this device already on here that are well worth a read....

My own experience of this mod is mostly good, with a couple of very minor “cons” which I’ll expalin a little later in the review. It’s nothing major at all, but something that I feel is worth mentioning...

So the Vaptio is a mod capable of 240w, supports every type of wire you can think of, although I only used SS, kanthal, nichrome and for the purposes of this review, I used titanium as well to give the TC a good work out. It uses 2 (or 3 18650 batteries) and has a very user friendly easy way to swap between using 2 or 3 batteries.

Included in the package is a usb cable which I guess can be used to update the mod, and to charge of you so wish. Now, normally I wouldn’t charge a mod this way, but seeing as I’ve been doing some work upgrading my shed, I decided to try it out whilst working in there (my charger is in my shed as well) so whilst I was out there I decided to give it a go. The chip seemed to handle the charge via the usb ok.

Now, this is not something that I would recommend, however using the supplied usb cable it handled the 6 hour charge with no issues.

You can also customise the curve via the menu (3 clicks will take you to the user menu) there are 3 different options for you to try out, and there is no real noticeable difference between the default setting and the second setting. However, the 3rd setting is (I would guess) meant for low ohm builds as the delivery is exceptionally fast and ramp up time on kanthal is very very quick. I only used this setting when I used TC, and to be honest it worked perfectly well with default setting anyway. When using in TC Mode in the 3rd setting on the menu brought a “to hot” message after a 3 second toot, so unless your using a low ohm build and want a short toot then I would use the other 2 settings

Now looks wise, and in feel, this is a top top quality price of kit. It looks awesome and has the feel of something twice as expensive. There’s no short cuts in quality here, and just shows you how far China has come in terms of quality. Honestly, if any of you have handled an SXmini G-Class lately, this is on par for build quality, AND this has a better chip ;)

The battery cover snaps in nice and solid with no rattle. The 510 connection is solid, like proper solid and every mod I tried on this screwed down and connected with no issues at all. However, this is where one of the cons comes into play. The actual 510 connection is slightly off center and should be able to handle a 30mm tank with ease, but anything over 24mn is going to cause overhang for two reasons. The first being that the 510 sits at an angle. The actual 510 is flat, but it tapers away towards the fire button, so if you have anything over 24mm it will have a gap underneath when looking at it from the fire button. The 24mm space for your tank is actually on a plinth. Using the frogman on there, and it looked seemless and pretty awesome, the reload looked like it was made for this mod, but anything bigger, and it looked a bit wrong. Now this is a massive massive shame because this mod is exceptional in every other way, and it’s a shame that the design has excluded a good deal of other tanks that you might have in your collection :(

If you don’t have anything over 24mm then this won’t effect you, but for those of us who have tanks and drippers over that 24mm Mark, then you may have to give this a swerve. Which is a crying shame because this has spoiled what has been one of the best mods I’ve used in a long long time.

Great review @MrTeaTime! I guess that's a product designer looking for a job! What a stupid overlook. I'm a bit funny about overhangs and wouldn't get something that can't fit 25m... My first two mods were vaptio/VIP and quality wise they were on point! I though they went bust though? Maybe just the British reps...

Great review @MrTeaTime! I guess that's a product designer looking for a job! What a stupid overlook. I'm a bit funny about overhangs and wouldn't get something that can't fit 25m... My first two mods were vaptio/VIP and quality wise they were on point! I though they went bust though? Maybe just the British reps...
:) it’s a shame because the mod is perfect in aenery other way

Back
Top Bottom