What's new

Review Vaptio C-11 Starter Kit

MrTeaTime

Legend
Here we have a “starter kit” from the guys at @Vaptio

Now, it’s probably worth mentioning now that this isn’t a starter kit in the traditional form, but more of a starter “sub ohm” kit :)

Nothing wrong with that, but I feel that it should probably have been mentioned on the packaging as I can see a lot of people that are after a “starter kit” who MTL could be disappointed. Now that being said, it will be hard to criticise anything else about this....

In th box you will get the following...

1 C-11 Mod
1 C-11 Tank
2 C-11 Kanthal 0.25ohn coils
1 USB cable
1 user manual (well 2 if you include the user manual for the tank)

The Mod is a very traditional type tube that is rated to 100 watts, using a 3000mah battery. The wattage is dependent on the coil that you use. Using the supplied coils, which are rated at 0.25, my guess is that your drawing no more then about 55w (and that was using a VW Device to measure how the coil performed at a more precise wattage) Using the mod at close to 100w will only give you around 4 hours usage (using a tank coiled at 0.12ohms and “around” 100 watts)

Using the tank and mod in the “kit” form will give you almost a full day if like me you’re a fairly heavy user. However, after using this for a solid 2 weeks, my preferred use for this is as a back up to my everyday mod....so whenever I go out to work, I ensure that I always pack this into my daysack as well.

The mod is dead simple to use, 5 clicks and it’s on, 5 clicks and it’s off. It also has an auto shutdown of around 25 minutes, so if you use it, and put it down for more then that time you’ll have to switch it on again, which is no drama.

Charging wise, your looking at around 8 hours for a full charge, a lot longer if you connect to you laptop whilst you browse potv, however, it can be vaped whilst charging which is a decent feature.

The mod (as is the tank) is covered in a tactile rubberised type material. Again, it gives a really nice feel to the mod, and adds to the feeling that this is a premium product. It’s extremely well made and put together, and alongside the other @Vaptio products I’ve had, vaptio seem to build really good quality products that you might expect to see on stuff with a higher price point.

The tank (like the mod) has the same tactile finish. It’s a 2ml tank, and to be honest it could do with that “extra” 0.5ml, but at 55w it’s not to thirsty. The coils I used on this was the supplied 0.25 kanthal vaptio coils. Now, a quick google will turn up a good few other coils that will work in this tank, however, I found that the vaptio coils work better then any other...whatever vaptio are using for there coils, it’s good.

The airflow is very decent as well....it’s not a full on wide open that you might normally get from a subtank , there is an ever so slight restriction to this, and to be honest if it was any airier it wouldn’t be as good as it is. Now, you can reduce the airflow to use this as MTL tank if you wish. It’s to filling so is as easy as pie to fill. The flavour is on point, and there was no problem wicking some 92% VG juice, not even in the cold weather (or if your like me, in your shed :) )

So there you have it, we have a well put together, bullet proof mod and tank kit that is as cheap as chips to buy, is robust enough to take a good few knocks and drops, that performs like a champ....If your looking for something for a back up that can be charged easily and anywhere, or are looking to dip your toes into subohming then this might just be the thing for you

2ABDC417-FFB5-4438-8ECD-E063BF6B7E52.jpeg
557EC469-DB24-471E-8862-BDB78A7C085B.jpeg
2ABDC417-FFB5-4438-8ECD-E063BF6B7E52.jpeg

Thanks for the review - it looks like a good bit of kit to have as a spare like you say - not too big to fit in a bag / pocket or something.

Nice review @MrTeaTime or MrTay Time as us Black Country folk would say. . what diameter is the setup?, just for those who may want to use another tank with a different flavour instead of washing the supplied tank and changing the coil.Cheers

Back
Top Bottom