What's new

Review Vaporesso Switcher Kit

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Hey apes. We are back again with a hardware review.

This kit was sent out for the purpose of this review. So thanks to Sophia @Sourcemore for hooking me up. All the opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So today we are looking at the Vaporesso Switcher Kit.

20181012_124329.jpg

So as we always do we will look at the kit contents first. In the box you get.

1x switcher mod
1x NRG tank
1x GT8 Core and 1x GT4 Core coil
1x spare glass
1x USB cable
Spare o rings and a tank band
And the usual paperwork that no one ever reads.

So let's take a quick look at the NRG tank

I have the normal NRG tank not the mini.

It is a 5ml 26.5mm tank.
It is a top slide and fill tank.
Wide bore 510 drip tip
Bottom adjustable airflow control ring.
Base of tank unscrews for easy coil change.

Switcher Mod.

The mod itself is a dual 18650 mod.
Wattage range is 5-220w
Resistance range is 0.05-5.0 ohm
Large 0.96 inch OLED screen
Uses the Omni board 2.6
Features interchangeable outer cover.

20181012_124355.jpg

And yes it does have lights that you can switch off.
5 clicks on and off
3 clicks locks wattage
3 clicks of the little middle button gets you into the mod menu which has all the normal features including several TC modes along with bypass and the settings for the leds.

So I have been using this mod as my daily driver for the last 10 days fault free. It has performed as it should when ever I have picked it up. Battery life is fairly good. I was getting the full day at around 50-90 watts even with the leds turned on. It has what I call a smart function so when you insert a very coil it will adjust the wattage for you. Which I found to set the wattage lower than you would want. So if you change coils and forget to change the wattage in theory it shouldn't fry the new coil. But when you change the batteries it asks you if it's a new coil rather than remembering the settings you were using which can be a bit annoying at times. The tank has been faultless no leaks or any issues at all. Both coils provided with the kit have worked well, flavour and cloud production has been great. Switching over batteries is super easy with no obvious edges that would damage cell wraps. It also has a large centred 510 so will take quite large tanks on it with no overhang. Without measuring I would say 30mm would be the max size with out overhang.

20181012_124437.jpg

So let's move onto my final thoughts along with some pros and cons.

As I've said this mod has been faultless during my usage of it. It's a solid made mod with a metal changeable cover. It's simple to use and easy to set up. Fits great in the hand. Although some may find it a bit on the heavy side. (394g with batteries and tank)

Pros

It's a good weighty well built mod
Changeable outer covers.
Can take larger tanks/atties
Battery life is good.
Fits well in the hand with a large fire button.

Cons

Doesn't remember previous settings when you change the batteries.

It has LEDS but thankfully can be switched off.

Here is the link if you want to check it out yourself.

The one I have is currently priced at $58.99 but depending which one you choose the price may go up.

https://www.sourcemore.com/vaporess...er-220w-mod-with-5ml-nrg-tank-brown-gold.html

Back
Top Bottom