What's new

Review Smok S-Priv review

Enoch

Achiever
I have had a hands on with the S-Priv this week so thought i would write up my thoughts on the device. This review as always is my own opinion and bought out my own pocket. This review is coming from your average vaper.

Smok S-Priv.
01%20SMOK%20S-PRIV%20KIT%20ALL_3_540x540.jpg

Now the first thoughts on this Mod are going to be visually. Smok have gone for a striking looking mod and it will split opinion on whether it is a good or bad looking. Personally i like it, it is different to standard looking mods, some colours aren't as nice as others but that is down to personal opinion also. The mod itself is a small compact mod similar to the Pro colour and Alien, but it is a little heavier than them i found. The main feature of the mod is the eyes of the skull light up, with 12 pre select colours. So the options are a little smaller than the XCUBE for example with their RGB range but that isn't a bad thing to me, i don't really care what shade of Turquoise the eyes are for example. The mod comes with a hinge door bottom similar to other smok mods and holds 2 18650 batteries. the Fire button is a side fire as per other mods, which feels stiff when firing, a major positive for me as it reduces the chance of mis firing, a little bit of effort required to press it.

One burning question i know i would be asking is what about the paint? So far the paint seems to be much better quality than previous Smok mods, so no chance of flaking or accidentally scraping it off without trying. So that for me is another positive, Smok seemed to have learned from their mistakes. The hinge door is extremely tight, it does take a little effort to close which hopefully increases the longevity of the hinge, so again a positive.

Onto the device itself. It comes with all the standard modes you would expect from Watt to TC to Stainless steel and nickel being options. So for the average vaper there is plenty of options. the screen is clear and bold enough, with again the option to change the colour of the writing on screen. It displays all the usual stuff, with 2 battery meters, changing to red when batteries get to around 25%, so not the best indicator with so much life left still but nice to see when its almost time to change.

S-PRIV3_grande.jpg

Now onto the menu system. It works as per standard with 3 clicks of the fire button to pull the menu up and each subsequent click to move onto the next screen. Menu is separated into mode, screen and eyes, followed by power. the basic function of the menu works fine, no complaints. It is when you move into sub menus that the controls become an issue. It took me 20 minutes to turn the eye lights on because i couldn't figure out how to navigate the menu system to the right option. I had to hold the fire button until it moved to that menu. that is a con for me, the simple menu depends on multi function buttons to move about, which doesn't always work first time. as mentione dpreviously there are 12 pre set colours for both screen and eyes, with options for always on eyes and vape only. Not sure why you would want to keep the eyes on all the time but the option is there at least. Changing coils/tanks is an issue with the menu system as well, it gives you the choice between the old and new resistance but again you have to figure out that holding the fire button then selects the right one, whilst the fire button also naigvates left and right between them.

One thing that is worth mentioning is that the device does get a little warm when chain vaping on it. Not hot, nothing serious, but there is a little bit of warmth coming from the tank down so worth noting. Size wise it will fit your standard 25mm but anything bigger may get overhang.

So overall thoughts on the device. It is a nice Mod, its basically a smok mod. That is the best way i can describe it, everything works, looks nice and does everything you want from the thing. the menu system is the worst i have ever used personally, and the instruction booklet tells you nothing about how to use it. I can probably guess the only real difference between this and the other 5 mods Smok recently released is what the lights do so the device itself is probably a cut and paste job with a skull face added. Would i recommend this mod to someone? .....Yes, but just about. That is not to say it is a bad mod, but essentially it is very little difference between other Smok mods you can buy so if you are after one then take your pick. Other than that, not worth paying 60 pounds plus for it but well worth it at around £40 ( i paid 36 for Priv kit with baby beast tank)

Looks 8/10 (or 2/10 depending on opinion)
Design 6/10 (It is a smok mod)
Functionality 8/10 (everything you want it to)
Weight 7/10 (not light, the right weight for its size)
Menu 4/10 (very hard to navigate the sub menus without knowing)
Size 9/10 (palm size)

@sacred . Nice honest review there mate. I am not a fan of Smok as you may know but i think you probably nailed this review, I like the fact you back up the theory of it's another repackage of one of the Smok Chipsets. And £60 would be better spent on a Yihi chipped mod maybe even a DNA at least you spent less on the s priv.

I wonder if they're going to do a 'Priv' mod for every letter of the alphabet? The mod isn't to my taste but that's a decent review :goodjob:

Lights seem to be in at the moment huh! Good review.

Back
Top Bottom